When will you install carseat?

redneckhippy

Reaction score
When are you planning to install and get your carseat set up? I know around here they have places you can go to make sure they are installed correctly and I definately want to take advantage of that service, just not sure when that's normally done. I'm thinking maybe around 37 weeks?

I'm 38 weeks. Car seat not installed yet. Guess dh will do it while at hospital. I need the space in my car for my other two and my nephew right now. Mine has a base that needs to be installed but this is the first time I've ever had a car seat with a base. For my last two there was no "installing" cause all I had was a regular car seat that straps in with the seat belt and around here you have to carry baby out of hospital in a car seat.

I'm a car seat technician, so one of the people that would install at a clinic for you :)

We recommend 32 weeks. You could go early and sometimes they can't fit you in on a moment's notice.

We didn't get a chance to install our base so we're still just using the seatbelt. We forgot to pick up the car seat when we left to go to the hospital. My husband drove all the way back (40 mins) to get it, and then forgot to pick it up after sorting out the dog :dohh: I'd advise sooner rather than later haha. X

not until we are leaving the hospital it will be our 2 time using the car seat which is only 2 years old so we will be fine until then!

We installed our base weeks a go! :haha:
The car seat is currently sitting in the nursery, it's only the two of us so it's not like we need the space in the back seats. DH will be working away while I'm due too, so getting the seat out of storage will be one less thing to worry about when he has to rush home!

Yeah, we'll install it when we take baby out of the house for the first time, probably a few weeks after birth to see the midwives. I used the seat before for DD so we know how to install it easily.

I am panicking about this a bit! My older sister bought me the Graco Tour Deluxe (I went with her to make sure it was the pram I wanted.) When we decided that was the one she said she would pay for it that day and pick it up on the day I go into labour and take it to the hospital with her!!! What if I go on a bank holiday day, or in the evening and have to go early in the morning? ORRR, Babies R Us have lost my order that has been put in the back and cannot provide it that day!! AAAh I feel so unorganised as all I have got is the pram which is in Babies R Us, a starter steriliser kit, some nappies and wipes and toilitries, bibs, 1 box of formula, dummies some clothes and a bongo seat!! I am waiting as I have a big family and apparantly my aunt is giving me a cot in January and a baby monitor. I have also left a list into my grannys house for my aunts to look at and decide what to buy me so I feel super unorganised until I see what everyone has bought :/ I HATE feeling like I have bought nothing... sorry for the long rant lol xx

Around here, they check your seat at the hospital. So you could install it early (like recommend around 32 weeks) and have it checked there. You don't have to be in labor/just had baby for it to be done.

On that note though, we didn't install ours until lo was a day old, lol. I had him at 39w1d. We ended up having to take the seat out though because lo was so small, he had to go in an infant car seat. Once he was able to go in a regular car seat, one of the nurses in l&d helped me install the seat and made sure it was safe.

We installed ours through a professional fitter at about 35 weeks ( i think lol) just in case I went into labor early. Our hospital requires a certificate for some reason to show the seat is fitted if we are driving home from hospital the day we take bubs home. Pretty silly considering a lot of people fit them themselves>?

I am patiently waiting for Britax's new Elite line to come out in February or early March. I'm due late March, so I'm cutting it a little close. However, I've two kids already and so far have yet to deliver early, so I *may* be in the clear (knowing that nothing is ever guaranteed).

We do have a back up plan, though. I still have DD's Snugride from when she was an infant. It still has a little over a year until its expiration date, and is in great condition (we stored it well), so we will use that if this baby comes before her car seat arrives. :)

I'm not worried about the installation. DH and I are both pros are all things car seats.

We're starting the nursery in January, and as soon as that's done, we'll install the carseat base. I'd do it as soon as we get it, but we'll probably need the space to get the crib and other stuff home. So about 35 or 36 weeks, I'm guessing.

dh told me hes getting us the iso fix base this time around for the baby its the only thing I really wanted this time around because we have everthing I imagine trying to strap a baby in safely and a lively toddler/keep an eye on a lively toddle without it would be a handful, so im glad we are getting it this time :)

I taught a family member how to do it and they installed it the day I was discharged from the hospital.

I'm planning to get it in when I'm about a month from my due date. I'd do it sooner except that I think it would be better for my toddler if having the car seat in, meant the baby was coming fairly soon. I've been telling her how far off the baby's birth is, and it seems that getting the car seat in too early might make things a bit confusing.

yey we got the car seat base today, it will be delivered some time next week r early the following week going by delivery days over the Christmas/new year :) looking forward to using it lol it seems like it will make life out and about with 2 under 3 that bit easier!

I've been meaning to get the base installed for the last month, but have yet to do it. I will probably make myself do it tomorrow. I know I have to get it installed, because DH is terrible at getting car seats installed.

I'm doing ours tonight on my way out, can't put it off any longer.

I have a scheduled c-sec at 36+6, so my odds of going into labor before my csec are small, so we'll honestly probably do it the day before my csec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->