When will you install carseat?

We installed ours through a professional fitter at about 35 weeks ( i think lol) just in case I went into labor early. Our hospital requires a certificate for some reason to show the seat is fitted if we are driving home from hospital the day we take bubs home. Pretty silly considering a lot of people fit them themselves>?

No, it is good! Over 80% of the time if you install a car seat on your own, it isn't being used correctly (unless you've been shown how to do it for previous kids, of course). I've been installing for over 5 years and people come in all the time needing their seats "checked", only for us to have to haul them out and put them in correctly. I've only had three car seats in all that time show up installed correctly. I think it is wonderful that they require the certificate!

(https://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/handouts/car_seat_safety for that stat)

We installed ours through a professional fitter at about 35 weeks ( i think lol) just in case I went into labor early. Our hospital requires a certificate for some reason to show the seat is fitted if we are driving home from hospital the day we take bubs home. Pretty silly considering a lot of people fit them themselves>?

That is fabulous! I wish all hospitals would do that. I installed mine last night and my DH will take the car to our local fire station or police station that is certified to check car seats and make sure we did it right. The stats here in Quebec are that only 1 in 2 carseats are actually installed correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->