When will you tell your kids?

dragonfly26

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been asked, but when will you let your other children know? Im going for a private scan tomorrow and dh wants to tell him when we get home and I would love to tell them, but not sure if we should wait a bit longer. What are your thoughts?

I'm not sure I have an early scan Tuesday and dunno whether to say then or not xx

My son was the second person I told, only after my DH. He's only 3 so if something goes wrong I think he's so young he won't even realize.

My almost 5 year old is constantly asking for another baby, it's so hard not to tell her and I'm sure my 2.5 year old won't fully understand it, I'm just so torn on what to do.

I told my 3 year old after the 12 week scan, to be honest I'd have waited a bit longer but I didn't want someone else to say anything to her and once we start telling everyone, someone is bound to mention it. It's a really personal thing though, do it whenever it feels right.

We told our son after our 12 week scan. It happen to be early so was actually 10+5 but as wed seen a hb we figured it was safe

I'm waiting till after 12 week scan (3 days!) To tell my almost 5 year old. I just didn't want him telling people he's going to be a big brother too early 😆

We plan on waiting until after the 12 week scan this time .. Hoping we get there!
We had to tell our two boys last time when we miscarried and it made me so sad :(
So I want to wait until we see a healthy baby this time.
But that being said, when we were pregnant with our second son we told our first son straight away!

12 week scan for us as well. Get to show the scan pics then too!!

We left it until 16 weeks when we had a private gender scan, we had only told two other people so it slipping out from someone else wasn't a problem :)

Well, after our private scan this morning we told the girlies ;) I was torn and hubby wanted to tell so we did. Little one doesn't get it and older one is excited!!

I've just told them. I'm really relaxed this pregnancy but my kids are 3 and 1 so the 3 year old understands a little but will not notice any problems.

12 weeks. After a scan.

My two boys are desperate for a sibling. They have been asking for a baby for two years now! And both are very sensitive boys - so I want to make sure they only know when its safe to tell.

I can not wait though! I love them so much and I just can't wait to share the news :)))

We are going to book a private scan at 8 weeks and then tel my 8 year old daughter. Its so hard now not telling her. She will be ecstatic n over the moon as she pines for a brother or sister n asks everyday. I daren't tel her before scan incase something is wrong but cant wait til 12 weeks so if we book an early scan it makes sense n also puts my mind at rest too! I think all the time about her reaction when we tel her! X

We waited till 16 weeks. When we told everyone . xmas day.

We are waiting until our 16 week gender scan where they will come with us for a surprise!

I'm gonna tell my oldest who is 17 soon. I feel like he'll need some time to adjust to the idea that he wont be here. (He's going away for college in the fall). Dh and I have agreed that we will tell him first because if we tell them all at the same time, he might feel upset about how excited his siblings are. I know he'll be happy about having another sibling, but also upset that he'll be a few hours away. Only a few hours but it feels like so long away! I'm super bummed he wont be here all the time either but we're going to make plenty of arrangements for him to see his baby sister/brother.

The others, who are 14, 5 and 3, I will tell at 12 weeks at least. I want to have an ultrasound first and make sure everything is going well. Family and friends will have to wait until then too!

I am only 7 weeks and not far from showing!! I would prefer to wait till 20 wk scan to tell 5 year old - I wonder if he will work it out on his own though! I would hate for things to go wrong and for him to have to experience the loss with us. Defo not planning on saying anything until 12 week scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->