When would you announce?

Hopefulk

Dd born 28.11.12
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I hope you're all having a good day, enjoying the sickness, bloating, exhaustion and anxiety! ;)

I had another early scan today at 10+2 and my consultant has booked me for my nt screening a week tomorrow, so I'll be 11+3. I'm not sure when I'll have another scan after that.

So, my question is...

Would you announce after the scan, although this is just before 12 weeks? Or would you announce at 12 weeks? Or would you request another scan after 12 weeks and announce then?

Thank you!x

its my first pregnancy. i found out at 8 dpo, and told my boyfriend i'd want to wait until i was in 2nd trimester but i got so excited at work knowing i had a biiig secret. by the time i was 5 weeks, literally. everyone. facebook announcement. family and friends. everyone at work knew. . i dont know what happened to my vow to wait but the majority of the announcement was my boyfriend when he couldnt detain his excitement either. i pretty much just told my parents and he did the rest in no time and i didnt even know he did until everyone started congratulating me at work and around town and his family and friends sent me facebook requests and wishes left n right.

It's mainly up to you. For us only my parents know because they watch our daughter while we have apts. I am currently 10w 4d and have my next apt. on Friday. We plan to let everyone know on the 6th of Dec. And hopefully DH will tell his parents before hand. (It's a rocky relationship) Hoping to get him to tell around Thanksgiving (12 weeks then) or Dec. 1st, but who knows. But everyone will know on the 6th.

With my first pregnancy which ended in a BO/MMC we told everyone at 8 weeks on Christmas day. Two weeks later found out no baby no nothing just an empty sac.

With second pregnancy (my daughter) we told everyone after our second scan at 10 weeks.

Third and forth pregnancy only my parents those ended in a chemical.

And this is where are now on my fifth. So it's purely up to you how comfy you feel with it.

I'm actually not planning on announcing my pregnancy to anyone. They will figure it out eventually, either by seeing me or seeing me with an infant. :blush:

I also experienced a blighted ovum earlier this year and had to tell everyone about it, so I'd rather not have to do that again if something would happen.

It's a personal choice but 12 weeks is not a magic number and your chances of having a healthy pregnancy after a good 10 week scan are pretty much the same as if you wait a few weeks.

I'll be waiting until we get the results of our combined NT scan and blood screening, so probably closer to 13 weeks, so then I;m thinking one more week and it'll be Christmas, so maybe then!

I said I'd tell people after my NT Scan - it was originally going to be done at 11+1 , but then they moved it back because my early scan moved me back 6 days and put me outside the NT date range and the earliest appt. they had after that puts me at exactly 12 weeks.

With my first pregnancy, we told our parents when I was 5 weeks and friends after my first scan (ended up being at like 8 weeks I think). This time, I don't feel very confident this baby will stick so we are waiting until my first scan at 10 weeks to tell even our parents. Basically, whenever you feel you are ready or can't keep the secret anymore.

First DS we told our parents around 7 weeks. First scan around 9 weeks and then told close friends. Didnt announce to the rest of the world/work/FB until 12 weeks.

This time we have a scan at 8wk3d and will tell parents after that scan. We might end up telling everyone else soon after that, because I am already having a hard time hiding the pregnancy bloat.

I told my mom the day I found out. I would have told my hubby first but he was sleeping at the time because he had been up till 4 am so I figured I'd wait to tell him when he was more mentally there lol my whole family and his family know and we're only 5w3d. First scan will be at about 8 weeks so if everything looks good then we'll probably tell other people but I'm in no rush. I honestly want to do a Christmas announcement with a cute picture.

we plan on telling our close family (his parents, and mine, as well as his grandma) after our first scan, which will be around 7/8 weeks. Or we will wait till christmas when i'm 10 weeks. i've had a chemical before so i'm very worried being this early. I've only told a few close friends right now because i just had to tell someone!

we just found out yest. and we are around 4 weeks...I am already itching to tell!!!! My HB's parents know..and my best friend..that's all! We really want to announce though!!! If we can hold it, we want to hold it until New Years :)

We told family at 8 weeks after a scan and have just told people on facebook at 10 weeks after hearing the hb on the doppler and not having further complications. We figure a healthy baby at 10 weeks is not much different from a healthy baby at 12 and we wanted the support.

We had two mmc before dd so I've told lots of people because I've needed the support and people to understand why I'm so on edge! I'm now at the point where I want to tell the world so I don't need to remember who I have and hVent told! Also, I look six months pregnant now!

I guess I'm just worried about the risk but if all is wells at 11+3, what difference will four days make? I'm further along than I was with either loss and the consultant has said to relax now. At 7+3 she said we had a 95% chAnce of success and although she didn't commit to a number this week, she said "your odds improve every week" so we must be in a good place.

I just can't trust myself to believe it - we had sex once in the the first month we said we'd start trying, we fell pregnant and it's all going well so far - just feels so simple after experiencing two losses to have Sadie.

I plan to wait as long as possible before telling anyone. I'll probably tell my close friends once I go for my early scan at 6 weeks as they were so supportive during my losses and my pregnancies with my boys. Family I'd like to put off telling as my mil won't be too happy about it and I can't deal with negativity til I know he/she is fine and we are past the danger zones with my previous losses. Ideally I'd like to wait til my 20 week scan but I know I will be showing by then so hoping to make it to 16 weeks without anyone guessing. Thank god its coming up to winter can wear baggy jumpers lol. x

I used to always think I'd want to wait. But if all goes well with blood work in the next few days I think I'll be shouting it from the rooftops. I suffered two miscarriages in silence with no one to support me, no one to mourn my babies. So even if it happens again, this time I want someone to know. Because it matters. <3

Honestly, I don't think it matters when you announce.
My very first pregnancy, I announced at like 6 weeks I was so dang excited. I ended up losing the baby at 14 weeks. It didn't matter that I announced early, or if I had waited until 1st trimester was over.
My second pregnancy, I announced to close friends/family at 4 weeks, but the rest of the world didn't know until 20 weeks. And I preferred that.
This third pregnancy, we are trying to hide it until about 14/15 weeks. We are thinking it would be nice to announce at Christmas via card. I'm 10.3 now, and it's already getting hard to hide my belly though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->