When would you count ovulation?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I'm thinking I o'd Saturday but it's all a bit new to me. I don't temp because I don't have regular sleeping patterns due to BFing and night feeds my cycles are not regular yet either.

After testing 3 times a day for weeks I got my first positive OPK :)happydance:).

Friday night 11pm it was definitely positive, but only just.

Saturday morning it was a very clear positive, darker than the test line. By the afternoon it was on it's way back down again and was negative in the evening.

I had lots of CM Thursday Friday and Saturday but it seemed to have gone Sat evening and none Sunday.

So my best guess is that I o'd Saturday. Any opinions based on your experience girls? Wild guesses also welcome :).

Im in the same boat. Or was recently in that I couldnt temp. I would say you're right :) that you O'd late Friday or early Saturday.

good luck!

I would guess overnight Friday or sometime Saturday. They say 12 to 36 hours from the first positive OPK.

You get the positive before ovulation occurs, so I'd say Sat-Sun would be ovulation, Friday would still be too early.
I know I ovulate within 24 hours of a positive, but everyone is different. Temping would be best to know "exactly" when you've ovulated.
I always get watery or EWCM before ovulation, and it dries up a bit before it happens.

You get the positive before ovulation occurs, so I'd say Sat-Sun would be ovulation, Friday would still be too early.
I know I ovulate within 24 hours of a positive, but everyone is different. Temping would be best to know "exactly" when you've ovulated.
I always get watery or EWCM before ovulation, and it dries up a bit before it happens.

Thanks thats helpful. I didn't know CM can dry up before O, thought it happened after. I didn't get propper EWCM but it was watery Sat morning and quite dry by the evening. Sat-Sun makes sense. Maybe I will try temping next cycle but I'm not sure it will work for me because I'm up too much in the night with LO (yes, I am aware it's crazy to be TTC before #1 is sleeping through the night, lol). That reminds me, I did an OPK when I was up at 3am and it was not dark enough to be positive, not sure if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->