When you go out for a walk...

anna_t

Reaction score
do you go out when its time for your LO nap or do you go out whenever.
And if you normally go out when your LO need a nap do you go out for long walks or short walks (to the shops etc.) or is it different depending on the weather?

I used to wait and go out after LO's naps but then she stopped being able to sleep in her pram so I've started doing it at naptime occasionally now so she gets back into the habit. She also stopped being able to sleep in the car around the same time so I'm trying to get that back too!

Sometimes if he's tired and fighting his sleep I'll take him for a quick walk to the shops and he dozes off, but when I take him for a longish walk I take him whenever, he likes to shout at the trees and loves going out when its dark because he can shout at the street lights xxx

Sometimes if he's tired and fighting his sleep I'll take him for a quick walk to the shops and he dozes off, but when I take him for a longish walk I take him whenever, he likes to shout at the trees and loves going out when its dark because he can shout at the street lights xxx

That is too damn cute. :haha:

That is too damn cute. :haha:

He gets a dead serious face as well, as tho they have really offended him :haha:

If I'm going out shopping I like do it after a nap as it give me more time to shop ;)

If we just go for a walk I usually go when she is due a nap

Whenever I feel like it! But sometimes if Ivy is finding it difficult to get to sleep at home I will pop her in the Ergo and walk through the park with my ipod and a coffee, she usually falls asleep instantly and its the most peaceful part of my day!

I cant put LO in her buggy and expect her to sleep - she wont!
Never has done, she can be dog tired and as miserable as sin, she will just cry and cry the entire walk. Strange child.
I always go after her long nap in the morning and after lunch, that way she is happy and content for another 2hrs before her 3hr happy and awake period is up.
She is 7mths and always been the same.

I tend to try and time going out with just after a feed as she's settled that way, she'll stay awake for a little while then drop off to sleep. To be honest though even if she's getting hungry she still drops off to sleep so I'm pretty lucky.

When i go out for a longer walk i try to do it when he is due a nap as i dont know how long he would be happy just sitting in his buggy for.. I would hate it if he was cryingin his buggy and i had ages beforei could get home.

I can't really get my LO to sleep anymore in the pram as I live in a first floor flat and can't leave her in the hallway asleep as there's no way I can get the pushchair up the stairs to our door, so it's pointless because I'd have to carry her and wake her anyway. I used to always take her walks and she'd fall asleep, now I try and go first thing when she's not long woke up so she won't fall asleep

Lol shout at the trees.. My lo shouts at my bedpost!! Lol like she is gettin it to talk back at her!! Lol x

I cant put LO in her buggy and expect her to sleep - she wont!
Never has done, she can be dog tired and as miserable as sin, she will just cry and cry the entire walk. Strange child.
I always go after her long nap in the morning and after lunch, that way she is happy and content for another 2hrs before her 3hr happy and awake period is up.
She is 7mths and always been the same.

Maya is exactly the same. If we went out when she's tired and due a nap she would just scream and scream and try to get out of the pushchair. She's never ever slept in it. Going out used to be much easier though as if she got tired and wanted to sleep I would just wear her in the carrier and she'd be asleep instantly but now she's getting too heavy for that and it's just not comfortable anymore.

When he was younger I used to try and go out when it was time for Callums naps, now though he stays awake fine in his pushchair so I just go out when I need to. Callum used to stay asleep in his pushchair for a while so if I wanted to just go to the shops I knew that when I got back he would stay asleep in his pushchair for however long he needed to xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->