When you want another but know you can't/shouldn't

lusterleaf

Reaction score
I don't know where else to post this but, has anyone been in a situation where you want another child, but feel like for various reasons in life, you couldn't or shouldn't? I have two children. A son who will be 7 this summer and he has significant special needs (nonverbal autistic), and a daughter who will be 4 this summer. I would really love another but for a few reasons I know it wouldn't be the smart thing to do. My number one reason for not moving forward is finances. Also my husband seems like he is done as well (he will be 40 this year, I will be 35). There is also the unknown if another child would also have special needs. Yesterday my daughter said to me, "mommy when I turn 4, I am going to have a sister". I guess I am just sad...

Yes. I'm pregnant with #7. After my 6th I was done but then when he turned 11months I just wanted another and it happened. I'm 21 weeks today (tickers wrong) and I won't lie, sometimes I wonder why I did it. I don't regret it but I'm also struggling to get excited. It's been hard. Not saying it would be the same for you but for me it's just alot. I also have a son who's 8 and autistic with adhd and ODD. None of it is easy. You gotta really think it through and see where your heart lies.

I would love to have been able to have one more and some days I regret not stopping my dh from having a vasectomy done and at times I resent him for making the appointment in the first place and only telling me a couple of days prior and not giving me a chance to heal from having my 5th miscarriage.

As far as having another baby. you both need to decide that. I can tell you that only my second son was born with congenital heart defects and is autistic. my other 4 do not. But one of my identical twins does have Sjogrens Syndrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->