When...

ButterCup17

Reaction score
When do you have to stop getting hot showers and when do you have to stop sleeping in your stomach?

Hot showers is right away. You don't want your body to get too hot because baby can't cool themselves back down. My OB told me that you can sleepn on your stomach/back until its no longer comfortable

Try to avoid hot tub hot where there is steam. I have to keep mine a little warm or I freeze lol. As to sleeping on your stomach, I would say the first trimester is ok to do that but I would definitely try side sleeping in the second trimester. I put a pillow between my legs and lay against a body pillow at my back to keep me in that position, otherwise I tend to roll either on my stomach or my back in the middle of the night. They say that laying on your back in later pregnancy isn't good either because it puts pressure on your nerves and spine. I tend to find that it makes me a bit nauseous when I sleep on my back for long periods of time in pregnancy.

I am a tummy sleeper, I think I stopped about 15 weeks with my son and 20 weeks with my daughter. It starts to get uncomfortable and you feel like you are sleeping on a ball after your bump gets so big.

I never stop having hot showers, but I wouldn't have a hot bath. I don't get that hot in the shower because mine are very brief and the kids are always opening the door and cooling me down anyway.

I never stopped taking hot showers with either of my boys. That was one of those things that I just couldn't seem to give up because I naturally run colder than most people.

You can sleep on your stomach until it stops being comfortable. I still slept on my stomach with my leg off to the side to prop me up a bit until I was almost 25 weeks. I was too big after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->