when

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
are you able to tell if your LO is left or right hand dominant?? :flower:

Caitlyn draws with her left hand, not scribbles, she can now draw circles and nearly squares and she concentrates and always uses her left hand.

Her left foot is bigger than the right that's meant to say something too.

She eats left handed, she picks things up with her left hand.

Me and Rich are both left handed so we kind of expected her to be anyway. :rofl:

Jasmine does most with her right hand too.

Hannah seems to switch between the two still :lol: Though this morning I noticed she was only eating with her left hand :shrug: Stan and I are both right handed so I'd be surprised if she was a lefty though I know it's possible :)

Both my parents are right handed, and my brother and sisters are right handed too. I don't think it's always a gene thing?

Try getting her to copy you drawing, she might still scribble but if she's concentrating then she should use her dominant hand x

yeah we do have one lefty in my family though the rest of us are righty's so I know it's possible, but would just seem weird :rofl: I just expected a righty :rofl: not that it matters either way. Will try to sit her down for some coloring later and see which hand she's using :)

With Hayden it's been obvious since he was about 4mo old. He has always used his right side more, he uses his left too but you could tell his right was more dominant, he grabbed for things more with that side and things like that and it has continued, he is def right handed

Dan would swith between both until he was about 7 even then I would get the teachers telling me he writes with his left but colours with his right !!! Now he always uses his left to write and colour but he still uses the right for a lot of things to, I have been told he is ambidextrous (sp). Dec seems to be the same, he writes with his left and colours with his right, also when he is playing football he can kick with both feet (as can Dan) I have weird kids :(

your kids aren't weird, they're special :hugs:

I'm right handed in most things but I broke my wrist one summer and now do certain things only with my left hand (drink, roll dice--really strange things :lol:) For some reason I just never reverted back to doing them with my right hand once the cast was off

I think right now is when we really start noticing which hand they use more often; who knows if it will end up being the hand they use as they get older. I'm a lefty and my husband is right handed. Val seems to eat and draw with her left hand, but throw things with her right. We'll see! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->