when?

kelly86

Reaction score
hi all i no this might sound a bit thick but when do you get ure cervix checked or see if you dialated or not just im 30 weeks and dreading the day i need to show my lady bits off so wanted a bit of advise so i can at least have a little knowledge of what to expect and when to expect it

any advise os grateful :)

Well they only tend to do it when they HAVE to sorta thing. For most ladies its when you're actually in labour.

Or when you have a sweep to try and start you off.

They don't like doing it more often than neccessary due to the risk of infection.

And if you're worried about showing your bits off, you may wanna get over that, sharpish lol

Like Sarah says it's only usually once you're in labour. Plus you can choose not to have internal checking, though of course it does serve a function!

Its not as bad as it seems... I was so paranoid about it before, like seriously freaked about a doctor down there checking out my stuff. But its not that bad... a little uncomfy if you have a sensitive cervix, but you get used to things being checked down there fast.

I'm dreading this bit too. The thought of a lady putting her fingers somewhere private scares me! Eek!

But you girls who are freaked out about it, you've had smears right? I know that's not quite fingers but still.

Some places dont do smears under 21/25 so a lot of women havent, it depends in the area.

when my cousin went into labour she wouldnt take her knickers off until she absolutley had to pmsl, it was so funny!!

I think a lot of it depends on the area you are in. I was never checked, though I was told if I had to go in for my 40 week appointment they would check me (went into labor the day before :rofl:)

Some places dont do smears under 21/25 so a lot of women havent, it depends in the area.

when my cousin went into labour she wouldnt take her knickers off until she absolutley had to pmsl, it was so funny!!

lol Took a while for the inhibitions to disappear then? :rofl: I hope mine go fast, I'm a shy girl!

Its honestly not that bad getting your bits out seriously. I had to have an internal. I thought I would be really bad with having to do that but the midwives etc.. make you feel really comfortable and yeah your probs gona have to get used to getting your bits out for doctors/midwives lol

xx

I'm not so much looking forward to this :lol: i'm such a prude

i havnt had smear yet you dont get them till 25 where i live and im only 22 :p

gate crasher i no hehe but just get it over with it helps you and baba i know that id rather no whats going on and have them look at my lady bits than just guess

I haven't had any internals at all yet during this pregnancy, and I'm almost 36 weeks. I have had 2 internal scans though, as I have a tilted womb, and it allowed a clearer picture.
I think it varies, depending on where you live, and your medical history, as I know there are other girls on here who have had internal exams.
xx

Haven't even thought about this yet but now i have i'm squirming!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->