When's everyone decorating?!

Talia12

Reaction score
I usually do it the last week of November. I like to get a month of Christmas wonderlandness before actual Christmas! And I always do it on a Friday so I'm thinking 24th November... most people think that's ridiculously early, but I'm hoping here in the grotto I'll find some like minded ladies ;)

Last year when DS was at part time school, we did all the decorations and tree together then when he was at school I decked out his bedroom as a surprise and he flipped out when he got back! Now that he's full time, I'll probably do it all except the tree baubles and star and he can finish that for me when he gets back.

Also, where does everyone actually decorate? I do the living room, hall, kitchen and DS's room. Never bother with the bedroom because we only really go in there to sleep and then leave in the morning :haha:

im exactly the same last week in nov :)

We always decorate the Friday after US Thanksgiving. That will be November 24th this year.

We just decorate the Livingroom. I do have a small tree for DS's room.

I tend to do first weekend in december but thinking i want to start doing it 25th November so a month before. People think i am nuts but i have a pop up on my computer at work which counts down to christmas and its been there since last christmas so they think i am mad anyway!!!

I think when you have kids you sort of get away with it abit more, at least thats what i have been told. I take decs down almost as soon as xmas is over though as it feels morbid after boxing day to me.

I tend to just do the tree and a few wee christmas candle/lights on the side board and windowsill. We just got a new tree thid year so may have to buy extra decorations for it which i am excited about!!!

Yay for doing it early :D
Omg same, I take them down the day after Boxing Day usually! They're never still up by New Year's Eve.

Ah i go crazy with the decorations, the whole flat is decked out in tinsel and lights and santa signs and stockings etc :haha: to be honest, cleaning/dusting is a nightmare for the whole of December haha but it's worth it!

Last week in November for us I think this year. I have to sit on my hands after OH’s birthday (8th Nov) because once that’s over I’m in full on Christmas mode and if it was up to me my tree would be up on 9th lol!

Always the 1st December here, so will be the same this year :)

1st december usually , but im sure kids will be at school in the day and OH will be at work in the evening.
So the second this year. Id like to put it up waaaaay before, mid novemberish , but all the stuff is in the garage and OH wont get it ot before the 1st, and there is no way i am going in there.

Last year I couldn't put my tree up until mid December (wasn't going to do it at all) as we were due to move anytime between December and January.

This year 1st of December! I would have it out now but OH says no! :cry:

DD1 has her own tree, so she decorates that in her room, may scatter some tinsel in her room and DD2's.

The living room is going to be decorated and that's it - tree, garland & ornaments. We're all having Christmas bedding though to make it feel more 'special'. OH is against that too but screw him.

Haha yeah screw him! My DH is a scrooge too. Well, he doesn't mind me getting excited over Christmas, he just really doesn't "feel" it! Until like maybe 2 days before 🙄
DS has Christmas bedding too, got it off eBay and it's great!

The Friday after Thanksgiving (US),whenever that is, sometime end of Nov. It all comes down the day after Christmas as I'm sick of it by then. I decorate the living room and have a few items in kitchen, daughters room. I also decorate outside.

As we usually get a real tree we don't put up until a couple of weeks, give and take where the weekends fall, before Christmas so it lasts well through to the traditional 12th night (5th January).

This year we will get a real tree on 9th but as I'm having a second fake tree in the kitchen I will put up the other decks the first weekend in December.

I think putting them to early means that you get bored of them as soon as Christmas is done.

24th Nov for us, I say us, however I will be left to do it as everyone walks around the organised chaos and moans about it being far too early! Oh I love it:happydance::haha:

Xxx

Probably late November as I take them down on boxing day!

Normally the first weekend in December. Were away then this year so probably when we get back. I tend to do the living room, porch and Hall plus a wreath for the front door and lights on the trees in the front garden.

Can't wait to see everyone's pics! 😍

30th November or 1st December. I kind of like it to be all decorated before we give advent calendars etc. I'll need to check DH shifts.

We decorate living room, with a few bits in the kitchen and I usually get paper chains and window decorations for the girls bedrooms. We all have Christmas bedding too.

Last year I put the tree up and put the lights on once the kids were in bed on 30th November, so when they got up the next morning they thought our elf had done it. Then we decorated the tree the following day.
We normally decorate the living room and hallway. We do paper chains in the dining area of the kitchen and have lights on the kitchen window. We have fairy lights going down the stairs and lights in each bedroom window.

First weekend of December so on the 2nd this year :) We decorate the living room, put out christmasy kitchen bits - tea towels, aprons, mugs, glasses, oven mitts etc. I plan on putting up some external lights of some kind too. I put window reusable clings on the eldest's windows, downstairs and the mirror in our bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->