where are all the ladies pregnant with twins???

FS Mummy - Me to I developed obstetric cholestasis 3 weeks ago, and was signed off sick from work yesterday until my maternity leave starts. I have another consultant appt on Monday to check everything but they haven't said anything about when the boys might arrive.

My midwife gave me some good tips to help with the itching, put a pack of baby wipes in the fridge and wipe one over when the itching gets to much, put a few cms of cool/cold water in the bath and put your hands and feet in it (I find my itching is worse on the soles of my feet and abdomen) but I find there is a time limit to how much time you can spend in the bath. I hope everything works out ok.

i havent spoken to anyone else who has OC! my itching is everywhere its horrible. its worse when im in bed. i have bruises and burst bloodvessels on my legs from where ive scratched so hard and for so long. im so glad i only have 13 days to go. are you having your boys naturally or by csection? i have to have section at 36 weeks, been told ive got no choice because theyre identical :(

vineyard- i was told that they could develop ttts during the birth so it was too risky. then they told me you dont get ttts after 26 weeks! i think my hospital is just crap tbh

I don't know how or when the boys are likely to arrive. I was assuming that it would discussed nearer the time. The last time I saw my consultant was at 27 weeks and that was when the OC was picked up. I see him again on Monday so I plan on asking then if they have any idea what is going to happen with the birth. Plus one of them is breech and has been all the way through. So it does make me wonder if they are going to recommend a c section.

It must be exciting to know that in a couple of weeks you'll get to see your girls.

yes i am so excited! ive been packing my hospital bag today. so much stuff to take! another good thing is i think i have finally decided on names. i like phoebe janet ann (janet after my aunt who has been a diamond throughout this pregnancy) and lucy trudie ann (trudie after my mum). im thinking they gonna stick but not 100% all the girls on the womens side of my family have ann in thier middle name like a family tradition so they will def both have ann in thier names. have u thought of any names? a midwife told me that as long as one twin is head down then u can go for a natural birth. one of mine is head down but ive got to have the section because of the ttts thing. im so excited but nervous at the same time as they are being born 4 weeks early and im hoping they will be able to breastfeed. will just have to wait and see i guess

Just thought I would stop in and say hi...have not been on in a while...im just over 22 weeks with twin boys !!!

is anyone on here planning to breastfeed thier twins? i am, just wondering if anyone else is, would be nice to have someone to talk to

is anyone on here planning to breastfeed thier twins? i am, just wondering if anyone else is, would be nice to have someone to talk to

I am planning on and if they won't latch I plan to pump and bottle feed my breastmilk. I can't afford formula for 2 and also I really want them to get the benefits of breastmilk.

I am planning on and if they won't latch I plan to pump and bottle feed my breastmilk. I can't afford formula for 2 and also I really want them to get the benefits of breastmilk.

Exactly what I am hoping to do too :)

have u thought of any names? a midwife told me that as long as one twin is head down then u can go for a natural birth. one of mine is head down but ive got to have the section because of the ttts thing.

Twin 1 is Alexander James Robert and twin 2 is Daniel Henry Edwin, the middle names are all family names and we wanted to choose names that the boys could shorten or lengthen as they wanted. Plus they are the only 2 boys names we could agree on.

I hope I'll be allowed a natural birth but at the moment I just want them out because I am so uncomfortable:rofl: but I know that the best thing for them is stay in there for a few more weeks.

Plus the Dr only gave 3 weeks worth of OC medication which ran out on Thursday so I am back to itching like mad and my tummy is covered in scratches again. When I see the Dr on Monday I am going to ask if he can prescribe the medication again and for longer.

awww i miss been pregnant!! good luck ladies! and everything will turn out fine :) believe me...i had allll these pre labour jitters and stuffs... and yes formula is expensive (im so glad i stocked up a bit!!) sounds selfish but i dont think i'd have had the patience with breastfeeding, esp as my milk didnt come in straight away and their mouths are to tiny to latch on x x x

you miss it? are you mad? lol i am hating this pregnancy right now, i am so uncomfortable (one is head down and the other is transverse right under my ribs) my pelvis is agony, i have major heartburn, im always hungry and the list goes on lol i cannot wait to just have my girls here with me. im glad you are doing well lou, how is your daughter? is she adjusting well? im so worried dd will react badly to it. im dreading my csesction too :(

LMH i really like your names. i know what you mean about being uncomfortable. u should c me trying to get out of bed lol or even turn over in bed, it takes forever lol. only 6 days to go for me though! i would prefer they were in there a bit longer but im at the point that i dont think i could handle it much longer. they will be 36 weeks and 1 day when born. the antihistemines they gave me for the itching dont work at all, i am covered it scratches, scabs and even bruises. its absolutely awful. did they give you vitamin k tablets?

Hello to all the ladies who are having twins or who have already had them. I was shocked three weeks ago to find out I was having twins, one boy and one girl! Good luck to everyone!

Hello to all the ladies who are having twins or who have already had them. I was shocked three weeks ago to find out I was having twins, one boy and one girl! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!

wow you only found out three weeks ago! did you have ny suspiscions? i almost wish i found out that late. i found out at 6 week ultrasound and it made me way more nervous specially for the first 3 month milestone
congrats!!! how has everything been?
where abouts in canada are u? i am in southern ontario

I have a ten month old son and they were a bit of a surprise so I was a little distracted. I think looking back I had an idea somewhere, or I would have if I would have paid closer attention! Lol. I was a lot moodier and sicker than my previous pregnancy but I thought it was just from being a new mom already and I was thinking every pregnancy is different. In a way I'm glad I didn't find out until now or I would have worried a lot more up until now. I live in Waterloo, ON, where abouts are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->