where are all the ladies pregnant with twins???

hey! this thread has gone a bit quiet! BUMP

Hi

Can I join? We found out today that we are having non identical twins. To say it was a bit of a shock is an understatement, we only wanted one child in total!
Still trying to get my head round it (hence being awake at 2 in the morning).
My due date is the 7th Sept, so we have a while to adjust, although I understand twins do come earlier.

Hi - just thought I would join in with your thread - found out today that we are having non-identical twins. Very excited but also terrified at the moment. I don't think it's quite sunk in yet. I'm 6+5 and edd is: 11/10/09 xx

ooooh 2 newbies lol congratulations! its such a shock wen they tell u isnt it but so exciting!

Yup!!! Definately a shock lol - My partner wasn't with me so I just didn't know what to do with myself when she asked my feelings on multiple births. I felt so happy but scared at the same time - and to make matters worse, the oh is taking it really badly at the moment. I know that it's gonna be a struggle financially but he's being so negative and I just want him to give me a hug:-( i'm sure he'll come round to the idea eventually (I hope!!!)

aww im sure we'll all be fine hun, think we all went thru the same 'shock' but itl all be worth it in the end...tis a special thing :) x x x

Yup!!! Definately a shock lol - My partner wasn't with me so I just didn't know what to do with myself when she asked my feelings on multiple births. I felt so happy but scared at the same time - and to make matters worse, the oh is taking it really badly at the moment. I know that it's gonna be a struggle financially but he's being so negative and I just want him to give me a hug:-( i'm sure he'll come round to the idea eventually (I hope!!!)

I'm sure your oh will come round. Mine was at the scan with me, and as I was 11 weeks and I had fertility treatment to get pg, the sonographer just came out with "I assume you know its twins as you will have had scans already". We hadn't had any scans and as it is my first pg I assumed it was normal to be exhausted all the time and so bloated to be in maternity trousers at 8weeks! Anyway my OH went white and nearly slid off the chair and then grapped my ankle and held on so tight I was left with fnger marks!!:rofl:

I did say to him I need you to lie for the next 7 months and tell me everything is going to be ok and to be fair to him he is lieing very well!

haha awww i love it!! just been out and bought some clothes for them today, keeping all receipts tho incase one of them were hiding a lil todge!! =) x x x

hey ladies can i please join your thread?! im 7/5 and went for an early scan on weds and guess what found out its twins!!! complete shock!! did see 2 lil beans tho and 2 hbs whch put us at ease a bit and midwife said probly going to be identical as looks as if will share same placenta but seprate sacks!! so any feed back on how you ladies are coping , syproms etc would be great!!

Congrats on your twins. My symptoms have been sheer exhaustion (but a lot lot better since the midwife put me on iron tablets), all day sickness, but other than that not much really.

My OH has been brilliant and has been doing all the house work and dog walking when he is here (he works away during the week) so I can spend most of the weekend resting, which then helps me get through the week.

oh wow this thread is getting busy! theres suddenly a big increase in ladies with twins lol congrats everyone! our scan is on monday and im so excited. im planning on finding out the sex but not telling anyone thier sex or names until they are born so itll be extra special when they are introduced to the family! i am so worried about the scan too as they are identical and therefore high risk so i keep thinking the worst and thinking one of them or both arent ok anymore :( oh yeah i will of course tell everyone on here what im having :) ill only b 16+1 at the scan so i really hope they can tell me (they did tell me last time that they would) we have to go to london for the scan and we were there for ages last time (appt was at 2.40 and we got home at 9pm even tho london is only half hour away lol) they lost my appt so i had to wait over 2 hours for them to get me in and the scan took two hours. emmad i think your dh will come round eventually, men dont feel the same for the baby at this stage i dont think. it mustve been a real shock. i think itd be good for you to talk to your mum, will she keep it a secret? i was lucky with my oh, we just looked at each other and laughed (nervously lol) and he said "we're gonna need a bigger car" lol i really hope he sorts his head out hun, pls keep us updated, theres always someone here to talk to, pm me if you would like to chat some more about it x x

aww, i dont even know if mine are identical yet, thre in seperate sacs but theres ony one visable placenta.. but they could have fused together or be too close to tell the difference... bah :D bet your looking forward to your scan!! i only found out our's sex last tuesday as they wouldnt say anything before then :) x x

had my scan today. we are on team PINK :cloud9: i am so happy two more beautiful lil gitlies :happydance:

thought it was time to update this thread! well since my last post everything is fine, ive had 2 more scans since then and got another next week. at the last scan the babies were weighing 13 ounces!!! so im expecting them to weigh about a pound at the next scan. is that big? lol im already at the stage where i just want them here now, i wanna c them and im sick of being constantly worried that something will b wrong at the next scan. they are every 2 weeks so i am constantly worried. i want to start buying stuff but have told myself i am not going to buy a thing until at least 24 weeks, but then i think 'and what if i go into premature labour' i will have nothing! i want to start buying things now. what do u think? is anyone else here having identicals? ive been told that ive got to have a c section at 36 weeks which im gutted about. (this is due to the fact that they are identical as they could develop ttts during a natural birth). i have anappointment with my consultant tomorrow so will let you all know how that goes when i get bk. oh yes ive been put on iron tablets too and have to take them 3 times a day, which i am not good at! i always forget one lol usually the one at lunch time. anyways, keep me updated u lot! :hug:

Hi All

I found out last week that i am expecting twins, i am 7 weeks today , due 23rd November.

Suffering with the morning sickness at the moment, except its all day !! though only feeling sick and not being sick. constantly tired too, can't wait for this phase to pass as finding it really hard work.

Congrats to everyone else :)

Recently found out I'm having twins as well. I'm almost 8 weeks along. Saw 2 strong heartbeats on ultrasound. However, there is a 3rd sac visible that appears to be empty. So, makes me nervous! I can handle (and am excited about) twins but triplets scares me half to death.

My symptoms are 24/7 nausea but no vomiting and extreme exhaustion. Also, nothing food related sounds good!

Anyway, have another scan on Monday to check on the babies and also check on that 3rd mystery sac.

Hey everyone I am 11w3d pregnant with twins...they are fraternal (non-identical) and I am very excited. I am in the same boat as Vineyard...nothing sounds good to eat and lots of nausea...having alot of sleepless nights being woke up having to use the bathroom atleast twice a night :( hoping I can start feeling normal sometime soon...good luck to everyone who is also having multiples !!!:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->