Where can I donate my cord?????

kattyboop21

Pregnant with Number Two
Reaction score
A local boy Charlie Harris-Beard is so poorly and we are all praying for him and his family that a miracle will happen to save him....it got me thinking and I really want to donate my cord/placenta to a charity in hope that it could save someone. I live in Worcestershire/West Midlands....does anybody know a charity near to here that I can donate my cord to????
Also please spread the word about this poorly little boy Charlie Harris-Beard.... the family are hoping for the sad news to reach someone somewhere who can help. Xxx

I looked into donating mine... I live in Manchester and will be having my baby at Wythenshawe Hospital.

I contacted the NHS Cord Blood Bank - I got no response, but their website states that people can only donate at Barnet General Hospital in Barnet, Northwick Park Hospital in Harow, Luton and Dunstable Hospital in Luton, Watford General Hospital in Watford and St George's Hospital and University Hospital in London.

I then contact the Anthony Nolan Trust - they said I can only donate at King’s College Hospital and Royal Free Hospital in London, Leicester Royal Infirmary and Leicester General Hospital.

So unless you're delivering at any of the above hospitals, it's unlikely you'll be able to donate. Seems daft to me.

Yeah I know I saw all of that too. Shame they don't do it at all hospitals :(

@Caggimedicine - Did you manage to find a way to donate your cord in the end? I'm going to be delivering at Wythenshawe in about 8 weeks time and I really don't want to waste the chance donate. Any luck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->