Where did you NIP today?

kmac625

Mom to baby Clara
Reaction score
I thought I'd steal this idea from the weaning section. They have the "What did your lo eat today?" threads for blw and tw so I thought we could have a nursing in public thread.

So, where did you nurse in public (nip) today?

I stopped for a latte on my walk home from Clara's pediatrician appointment for her flu shot and Nipped (is that a word?:haha:) at Starbucks.

Alice had a quick snack in a cafe today too. She was getting very cross that I wouldn't let her snatch a brownie belonging to a lady on the next table, but settled for a bf instead. Tantrum averted!

i nip in frankie and benny's, bhs restaurant whilst indulging myself with a toffee apple cheescake omg it was sooooooooooooo good lol then i had to feed again on my way around boots lol i have to say i'm getting good at it now!! yday i nip in mcdonalds then at bowling so far i'm getting more confident though in mcdonalds i think there was a man oggling lol think he wanted me to slip up and flash him my boobs :( lol i did how ever keep them covered!! x

i NIP'ed in a shoe shop with her in my mei tai :thumbup:

Omg you have me craving cheesecake now! I loved my latte today, skinny (nonfat milk, sugar-free syrup) caramel latte.

I haven't been out yet today, but am maybe going out shopping later so maybe we'll nip at Zeller's.

In the docs waiting room and a cafe today :smug: in the cafe an old lady came over and told me how lovely it is to see someone breastfeeding in 'this day and age' :D xx

I nursed at the hospital today, but have to tell because I'm quite proud. I nursed in a barn on Monday lol with the National autistic society kids

What a great thread :)

Today was at a bowling place :)

I Nursed at the local kids soft play area today and a lady couldn't stop staring at me, then when LO wanted feeding for a second time she told her kids to go away from me because they "didn't want to see that sort of thing", I wouldn't mind but I was fully covered as I always use a blanket when in public.

I also nursed in my car in tesco car park when hubby had popped in for some nappies.

I Nursed at the local kids soft play area today and a lady couldn't stop staring at me, then when LO wanted feeding for a second time she told her kids to go away from me because they "didn't want to see that sort of thing", I wouldn't mind but I was fully covered as I always use a blanket when in public.

I also nursed in my car in tesco car park when hubby had popped in for some nappies.

Even if you weren't covered, who cares? Bf is such a natural thing to be doing, I don't understand how another mother could find it so offensive that she tells her kids to stay away. Were they girls or boys, because if they are girls they're just going to learn that bf is something to keep hidden or not do at all.

Great thread! We've been out all day today and Phoebes hit a growth spurt so we started off at the bus stop, in the library cafe, macdonalds, various shoe shop (her big sisters needed school shoes), new look, a bench, bus stop again, on the bus and at majorettes!

yesterday we nip at my office! there were 6 coworkers there when i started to get ready to feed her, but all but one ran out the door when they saw what i was going to do... :rofl: them: "oh, we'll give you some privacy!" me: "its ok, really! i nip'd at the shoe department of walmart yesterday!!" the only coworker who stayed was my boss who nursed her three kids. the others weren't parents. oh well! we got it done and i had a nice conversation about bf'ing with my boss :)

Even if you weren't covered, who cares? Bf is such a natural thing to be doing, I don't understand how another mother could find it so offensive that she tells her kids to stay away. Were they girls or boys, because if they are girls they're just going to learn that bf is something to keep hidden or not do at all.

They were boys, about 7 or 8 years old I would say. I just said loudly that if people didn't like it they didn't have to look and carried on. Thats the first time I've had someone actually say something. I've had a few looks from people before but not vocal comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->