Where did you NIP today?

i was with my mum and she seems to have a prob with it, even if she doesn't say it!! we were eating out in and lo wanting feeding, so i fed her twice, well really it wasn't twice just both boobs lol she wanted both!! so what? it drove me nuts as my mum kept trying to console her cause she obviously know's best :nope: when i kept saying em she want's more boobie? but she didn't want to hand her over, it was driving me nuts :( i thought for god sake give me the baby!!!:baby: she then went on to add that iv'e created a well clingy baby :cry: really she wants me to give her bottle but no fucking way :nope: iv'e come this far why would i now? she wont take a bottle anyway :shrug: i don't see why its a prob me feeding out? i don't wap my boobs out on the table :haha:
not being rude to my mum but i really don't give a toss :shrug: she's my baby after all. i'm not asking anyone else to take care of her .

my oh say's the same but he never ever bothers with her? then surely its only natural for her to want me? silly twats that's what i say!!

ladies am i wrong? x

Definitely not wrong, you did well to keep calm, I would have flipped if my mum had behaved like that, and refusing to give the baby to you for food is just plain cruel!

yeah honestly i think she thinks that i breast feed for fun ??? its not like she's hungry at all is it? i do think that people could do with educating about bf .iv'e never done it b4 but i know that you should feed a baby when there hungry, you wouldn't not give a bottle if they were hungry would you? people that don't like bf or have never done it see things so differently to how they actually are? my oh thinks i let her use me as a dummy? but i don't actually!!! when i plenty do? i don't just give her boob if she's crying? but if i did what does it matter? x

I use myself as a dummy all the time! :haha: If I don't know whats wrong and she's crying its easier to just give her the boob than walk about 'shhing' for an hour! xx

I use myself as a dummy all the time! :haha: If I don't know whats wrong and she's crying its easier to just give her the boob than walk about 'shhing' for an hour! xx

Same here. If I can't see any other obvious problem I'll pop a boob in her mouth. Even my dh agrees with it because it works. if she cries for him the first thing he says is "Do you want some boob?".

Same here. If I can't see any other obvious problem I'll pop a boob in her mouth. Even my dh agrees with it because it works. if she cries for him the first thing he says is "Do you want some boob?".

Mine does the same! :haha: xx

think it must be a man thing as my hubby does this too lol

I LOVE "NIP" as a verb :haha: brilliant!

not sure if this counts but at the side of the road in a layby when Lo had a meltdown in the car on the way home ... kept expecting someone to pull in and be puzzled at us!
he doesnt tend to want bf very often during the day now, it's usually evening after bath or something (so occasionally at grandparents) he now makes the hand sign for 'milk' but will do this if he sees my cleavage or I'm cuddling him sometimes and gets the idea in his head ...
Properly NIPing I don't think we've done for several months - the last time I remember was a trip to Bath, at an exhibition of Buddhist relics, and I saw the bloke organising it taking some photos of us as part of his photography gallery of the event :shrug:

I nipped (I like that word!) today in Asda cafe, while eating a sausage sandwich!

Ooo this looks like fun! I nip in Yo Sushi. Had to wait for a booth and wasn't the most comfy but I really wanted sushi!!! Mmmmmm sushi

Heehee! I'm so glad people like this thread, and my use of nip as a verb (ie. I nipped at the park). I haven't nipped in a couple days but only because we've been mostly house-bound. I'll have to make a point of going out for long enough that Clara will get hungry and need to nurse this weekend.

well i nipped (i like that!) today, no where interesting, just a bar in town while having a cup of tea:coffee: BUT its the first time have have managed to NIP DD2 whilst i have had DD1 with me with no one there to help :happydance: (she doesnt like to sit still - if fact she likes to 'dance' around the place a lot!) but i managed it :happydance:

I'm still really self concious of nipping (would that be right use of the word?) and have only done it three times in 5 months! Once at the doctors' surgery and twice in the library. I should probably make more of an effort to nip when I'm out and about

I'm still really self concious of nipping (would that be right use of the word?) and have only done it three times in 5 months! Once at the doctors' surgery and twice in the library. I should probably make more of an effort to nip when I'm out and about

Nipping sounds good to me lol. Doing it three times is better than none at all, especially if it helps to boost your confidence. If it makes you too uncomfortable keep picking nice quiet places until you're ready to be more adventurous. I nipped once in the window seat of a sushi restaurant, WITHOUT a cover! You can imagine some of the looks I got by passerbys lol.:haha::haha::haha:

I just have to put this out there, I nursed at the park yesterday!!! It was only my second NIP ever, and I went to this play car in the back of the park area, sat in the backseat and nursed, I was so proud of myself, and no one gave me crap!! I can't believe I pulled it off! :cloud9:

well done ladies nice to see were all nipp-ing all over the place!! :rofl: oh and btw i love the name clara :thumbup:

Ooh yeah, lots of nipping going on lol

Today I nipped in the bowling alley and in the fish and chip shop after! No nipping for me tomorrow ( saturday) though, got housework to do and my girls have a comp to get ready for.

I just have to put this out there, I nursed at the park yesterday!!! It was only my second NIP ever, and I went to this play car in the back of the park area, sat in the backseat and nursed, I was so proud of myself, and no one gave me crap!! I can't believe I pulled it off! :cloud9:

Way to go! You've done better than I did at the same point. I didn't nip until Clara was about 5-6 weeks old, but I remember I was so proud of myself. I did it on a park bench and got lots of smiles from other Moms. I even put it on facebook as my status I was so proud lol.:thumbup:

well done ladies nice to see were all nipp-ing all over the place!! :rofl: oh and btw i love the name clara :thumbup:

Thanks. We wanted a name that was classic, worked well for a baby, child and grown woman and wasn't very common. Also, my grandpa's name was Clare so there's a bit of a family thing there too.

just had to say a big "yay!!" to all the mom's posting in here... i love this thread! :thumbup:

I feel a bit disappointed that I didn't get to NIP yesterday and probably won't today either :(

Might take a walk out somewhere just so I get to do it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"