where do you do your weekly food shop?!

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
Where do you mainly buy food from, also do you stick into a certain price bracket??

At the moment as we are still at moms I pop to asda by work & buy a few bags of food at a time to last a few days! I spend about £20 - £25 ar a time, but as we are hopefully moving in the next few weeks I can go and do a big shop :)

Aldi, Lidl and Farmfoods. Was spending £60-£70 a week in the big stores like Morrison's and Tesco but now only £40 a week. Quality is just a good (better with a lot of things actually!) and Farmfoods do Hovis and 4 pints of milk for 80p!

Sainsburys usually. I only have sainsburys or morrisons or M&S food In my town and I hate morrisons!

Tesco is the biggest food shop near me so mostly there, and asda if I do an online shop. I get weekly fruit and veg boxes from Abel and cole and also go to a lot of independent specialty shops for unusual ingredients and vegan stuff :)

I do the big shop at Iceland and usually top up at Asda but trying to go to Aldi instead of Asda to save some money.

I shop every 3/4 days usually so no big weekly shop for me

I tend to alternate between the supermarkets depending on what I need. Fresh I buy in marks and spencer or sainsburys and cupboard stuff I get in sainsburys, morrisons or tesco. Occasionally I go to asda as I love a look at the clothes

I use Ocado - can't really get to the supermarkets with ease (nearest one requires two buses) and I got so fed up with using the Asda website emptying my basket constantly that I started to use Ocado again - realised my shopping was about the same price so have just kept on using it :)

Tesco is the biggest food shop near me so mostly there, and asda if I do an online shop. I get weekly fruit and veg boxes from Abel and cole and also go to a lot of independent specialty shops for unusual ingredients and vegan stuff :)

I noticed you're in Brighton, your post has made me miss Taj and Infinity Foods so much. Sooo many reasons to move back there!

Anyway, I mostly shop at either waitrose or sainsburys, sometimes M&S too. Simply because they are the nearest ones.

I noticed you're in Brighton, your post has made me miss Taj and Infinity Foods so much. Sooo many reasons to move back there!

Anyway, I mostly shop at either waitrose or sainsburys, sometimes M&S too. Simply because they are the nearest ones.

omg yes I love both sooooo much, especially Taj - I actually get a little giddy whenever I go :haha: I spend such a ludicrous amount of money in both though! Whereabouts in Brighton did you used to live?

omg yes I love both sooooo much, especially Taj - I actually get a little giddy whenever I go :haha: I spend such a ludicrous amount of money in both though! Whereabouts in Brighton did you used to live?

Ha, I know what you mean about getting giddy :D Back in my student days I used to live on their red pepper and lentil soup and the veggie samosas off the deli counter. I lived in Hove, on second avenue, and also for a year on the Sussex uni campus. Whereabouts do you live? I want to move back down soo badly but for now we are stuck in boring old Oxfordshire.

We do our weekly shop at Sainsburys. Usually do it online at the moment.

Ha, I know what you mean about getting giddy :D Back in my student days I used to live on their red pepper and lentil soup and the veggie samosas off the deli counter. I lived in Hove, on second avenue, and also for a year on the Sussex uni campus. Whereabouts do you live? I want to move back down soo badly but for now we are stuck in boring old Oxfordshire.

Ha thats a pretty good diet for a student to be fair! Ahhh loads of my friends went to Sussex uni, apparently there were always amazing free parties in the campsite forest! I'm actually staying there for a week long residental course with open uni in July, going to be so weird :lol: I live in Hove too! Its so nice around here but I'm looking to move around Hanover/London Road as all the mums here are soooo rich and I feel a bit out of place :haha: Oxford is lovely!

We do our weekly shop at Tesco and I do it online! I've pretty much went through every supermarket online and have found Tesco the best here! If I'm going into a store it's either Tesco or Sainsburys as they are the nearest!

Tesco for me mostly, we don't have a lot of choice for supermarkets and at least we get clubcard points which I save to double up on clothes and toys for birthday/Christmas!

I only do a big shop about once every 4-6 weeks with smaller shops in between. I travel aroud and find the bargains!

Dont really do a big shop as I don't drive- unless I go with my Mum which is rare now a days.

I usually have to go everyday and spend roughly £10-15 x

I do the main shop at ASDA usually (delivered). Top ups in tesco or morrisons. I sometimes go to lidls for their half price weekend offers.

Tesco/Asda usually.

Last few weeks ive changed to Aldi or Lidl and have gotten so much for my money its unreal....

But this week i did a shop in Asda and i spent £86 on what appears to be nothing, im so disappointed, im definitely going back to Aldi or Lidl now.

The difference in the amounts for the money you spend is incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->