where do you do your weekly food shop?!

I tend to go to a local farm shop for seasonal fruit and veg. Then head to the butchers for meat and then Sainsburys for everything else. I do, roughly, one big shop a month. And then pop to the butchers etc every couple of days.

Aldi for a big shop which is in the next town over (although they're jut finishing building an aldi about a mile from our street right now) and then morrisons in our town for in between shops. Asda for clothes sometimes.

Like some previous posters I'm rally disappointed with what I get for my money in most of the "big" supermarket. For instance last night I went to aldi and got a full trolley of food, drinks and cleaning products for £31 all much better quality than in the big supermarkets too I find.

Before we started shopping in aldi regularly I'd hazard a guess that we spent in the region of about £400 -500 a month on food, drinks, toiletries and cleaning products for the two of us, whereas in this last month we've spent £200 on food, drinks, toiletries and cleaning products. It's a win win really!

Tesco, Sainsburys or waitrose. I like Asda but I can't get to grips with their online shopping at all :dohh:

Tescos, Aldi & Lidl, most of my shopping is done in from Tescos with a few bits from Aldi/Lidl - mostly their fruit & veg.

I shop once a month. Aldi's. They have good food. Really good prices. And they're right behind my apt complex.

Right payday I'm going to do my first aldi shop!, I hope it's as good as I think it will be

Publix is buy one get one free on certain items and it changes every week! Sadly they're only in the US, and only certain Eastern-side states :\

I do my weekly shop in Waitrose. I would say that i spend around £60-70 a week and then i pick up odd bits as and when i need them from the Sainsburys Local on my walk home from school.
My OH is convinced that Waitrose costs loads more than the other supermarkets but i find that it doesn't. I recently had to do a weekly shop in Sainsburys and one in Tesco the following week and both times i spent more than i usually do and had less food!

Aldi for a big shop which is in the next town over (although they're jut finishing building an aldi about a mile from our street right now) and then morrisons in our town for in between shops. Asda for clothes sometimes.

Like some previous posters I'm rally disappointed with what I get for my money in most of the "big" supermarket. For instance last night I went to aldi and got a full trolley of food, drinks and cleaning products for £31 all much better quality than in the big supermarkets too I find.

Before we started shopping in aldi regularly I'd hazard a guess that we spent in the region of about £400 -500 a month on food, drinks, toiletries and cleaning products for the two of us, whereas in this last month we've spent £200 on food, drinks, toiletries and cleaning products. It's a win win really!

Unless it's different than it used to be i would struggle to get the organic food than i buy from Aldi - i always buy organic milk and several other things. If it wasn't for that i would be tempted by Aldi.

I shop around. I like asda and aldi, tesco I go to for their value nappies (£1.41 for 20! And never leaked!) I tend to stick with asda for baby stuff like wipes/fruit pots (£1 for organix and hipp) etc and pop into iceland for bits like milk, bread etc as its next to my work. Their prices are great. Xx

I get nice bits of meat or fish from m&s and then the rest from asda. A huge m&s has opened near us and I've been completely sucked in.... I love their stuff though

We have an ASDA and Morrisons near us and shop in Morrisons. ASDA's store layout baffles me, and their fruit and veg never last as long as Morrisons. Morrisons is always a laugh, theres usually someone being caught shoplifting meat in their trousers or something, apparently a woman was caught putting fish in her pants :rofl:

Depends what I am fancying really. I live by myself so don't need to consider anyone else (just yet!)

If I am having a "I deserve to be spoiled" week I will go to M&S and spend about £80 for the week, or normal regular shops are at Sainsburys and I'd usually spend about £25 a week with £5-10 top ups in between.

It used to be upwards of £40/50 per week with champagne & wine purchases which I've obviously not needed! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->