where do you do your weekly food shop?!

I only have a Morrisons within walking distance so usually go there every few days and spend 20-25 (so annoying when they do thief payday offers but I can't carry £40 in one go but I easily spend that a week!!) I'm so bored of it now though I do an asda or tesco shop every couple of weeks and get big bulky stuff like loo roll and heavy things like canned food, squash etc and some different bits I can't get in the small Morrisons. I'm spending way too much though, after reading this I'm tempted to get OH to drive me to the new Lidl near us and see what bargains I can get!

I spend about £200 a week in Tesco :dohh:

Tesco/Asda usually.

Last few weeks ive changed to Aldi or Lidl and have gotten so much for my money its unreal....

But this week i did a shop in Asda and i spent £86 on what appears to be nothing, im so disappointed, im definitely going back to Aldi or Lidl now.

The difference in the amounts for the money you spend is incredible.

Think I need to give aldi and lidl a whirl!!

Aldi for the main shop Between £40-50 and dh gets a few bits in the week from Tesco after he finishes work.

Mostly at Aldi, and anything we can't get from there we will get from Asda.

Tesco once a fortnight then pop to aldi/asda to top up

Tesco if online and Asda otherwise. I spend around £40/£50 on the big shop.
I used to go Aldi/Lidl/Farmfoods etc but they never have everything I need, so I still have to go to Asda for a few bits, saving me sod all :dohh:

We do online shops depending on who we have a voucher with. Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Ocado, we don't care if there's a discount involved! We're spending between 60-85 quid (normally about 75) a week for just the two of us. Is this a normal amount? I think we overspend but I can't see where.

I just spent 116 this morning in sainsburys and that will do the 5 of us for 3 days, there was about a tenner on toiletries there and ten on clothes so 96 for food

Normally Aldi, tesco and sains for reduced bread in the eve to stock the freezer up :)

Also did a big shop £50 at farm foods last month, we still have meat left from it :)

xxx

I try and get most of my shop from aldi (we save loads of money there and like most of the things) and certain brands we prefer I go to anyone of Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury's, wherever I feel like having a nosy round, but that's only for cheap things that OH is picky with like crisps and cereal and certain toiletries.

We shop at aldi, spend about £50 a week for 3 of us that includes essentials and treats xx

We shop at aldi, spend about £50 a week for 3 of us that includes essentials and treats xx

Sainsbury's, ASDA, Ocado and very occasionally Tesco. Aldi and Lidl are crap in this area and they are a good few miles from us anyway. We managed to find a decent ASDA though its a bit of a trek and their online delivery around here is useless always loads of missing items and absolutely clueless drivers. Ocado went like that for a bit also but have improved now. There is an ok Sainsbury's locally it has large swathes of their product range missing, yet some of their ranges are better than the massive former savacentre a few miles away-for example the local Sainsbury's has a larger frozen range. The Sainsbury's delivery in this area is from the former savacentre so there are quite a few things they just don't sell but anytime I have ordered from them I've had no missing items and only once had a nightmare driver. Tesco we only go to in real life and usually an obscure Tesco a few miles away as it has a large kosher range which includes quite a few vegan items such as vegan squirty 'cream' and tofutti cheese spread. We also occasionally go to a vegan shop in central London and spend about £50 on vegan cheese, wheat based meats and a few other bits and pieces xx

Ocado for the weekly shop, then either M & S, Tesco or Sainsburys for anything that I've forgotten.

Is ocado expensive?! Isn't one by me its more co-op sainsburys asda

Ocado is online. I think it used to be quite expensive, but is more reasonable now. We only use it because we hate doing a big weekly shop. It has a one hour delivery slot too, compared to Tesco, which has/had a two hour delivery slot. You can purchase a yearly delivery package so it's also not as expensive as paying a certain amount a week. I don't find online shopping too expensive as apart from cleaning products etc you just tend to buy just what you want for meals. Whereas, if I just pop to Tesco for say a newspaper, grapes and some flowers (should be about £10), I'll end up spending £30 - £40 instead as I'll keep putting things into my trolley that are on offer/take my fancy that I probably don't really need.

Sometimes ocado is cheaper than anywhere else; but it depends what you buy. I tend to fill trolleys on several online shops and whatever is cheapest at the time I get my online shopping from them. I forgot to mention as well if you're in certain areas there is something called JJ foods; they are a catering company but most of their depots are now open to the public with no minimum purchase and you can just turn up and buy, they are especially good for mediteranean (sp?) products and ingredients, cleaning products, toilet and kitchen rolls and soft drinks xx

I like Aldi, Sainsburys (OH gets discount there) and sometimes Asda. Hate Tesco. We have all the supermarkets within 5-10 minutes drive (multiples of some!) which is both a blessing and a curse!

Iceland and Tesco. If we run out of something we just go to the Spar though, as it's 3 doors away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->