Where to Start in Signature Making?

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

I'm really interested in making signatures but really have no idea where to start. I had a bash at one (see my sig :haha:) and altho it's not fantastic like alot of the more experienced siggy makers, I feel it's a good start :thumbup:

I have Gimp installed on my pc and am looking at getting either Paintshop Pro or Photoshop at some point. Are there any good tutorials out there for the kind of signatures we have here at BnB? Most of the tuts I've found have been the banner style sigs rather than the photo frame style that we have here. What kind of graphics do you use for these gorgeous frames? Do you make your own completely from scratch or is there somewhere you get the templates from? What would I put in as a search?!

Any responses will be greatly appreciated, thank you all :)

I use GIMP as well :D A good site I found for freebies is digiscrapdepot.com.They have some gorgeous frames, elements, backgrounds etc.
Youtube is a great place to get video tutorials.It's worth a look on there.
BTW, I think your first siggy is FAB!
Julie xx

I've found Gimp to be really quite confusing lol! I think it's the different layers etc, the siggy I'm using at the moment was made by Wondershare Collage Maker (I'm using the trial version atm) but I would like to learn how to use Gimp properly.
I'll definately check out the You Tube tuts and see if I can find some on Gimp and siggie making :thumbup:
Thanks for the compliment on my sig :hugs: I was pretty pleased with how it turned out but I really need to learn how to get it the right size without losing too much detail!

I tend to make mine larger to start with them resize it smaller at the end.Keeps them looking sharp-but I am not an expert by any means!
I have found some great tutorials on there.Be warned though, it's SO addictive, lol

I LOVE your sig! It's so funky :D
I think the resizing bit sounds better than trying to work with it smaller.. my poor eyes will be shot by the end of the week if I carry on like that :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->