Where to travel/visit in the London area with young children?

catty

Reaction score
This year we have decided to go on a little roadtrip with the kids.
We are planning to go from Aberdeen to Blackpool which is around 5 hours 30 mins (possible stop on the way but hoping to manage without a large stop)
Then planning on going to Nickelodeon Land and some time in Blackpool at the beach etc. We are hoping for a 2 night stay here.
The next part is where i need help!
I wanted to go to Paultons park/peppa pig world but was trying to decide if its also worth going to central London too?
The idea kind of scares me with a 1,4 and 5 year old but at the same time we will be so close that it might be nice to let them see London.

Some silly questions. Can you actually just drive into london easily enough? Is it better to park outwith and get a train in or something. Iv only ever flown to london pre kids and didnt have buggys and the usual stuff that comes with them.
Should i just take a raincheck on London and go to the theme park?

I know this is rambly but i just cant decide how to do it. We definately want to go in that general direction but if theres anywhere else that would be really good and now too expensive let me know :):)

This is just my opinion but as someone who visits London regularly and I have a five year old, I'd skip it. It's majorly crowded, it's over priced, the stress of trying to keep everyone together would send me in a panic. I think it's a great place for older children but for 3 young ones I'd go for the theme park where they can be a bit more free. Xx

Also, it's better to park outside London and get the train in. Parking in London costs an arm and a leg and is very restricted xx

Personally I'd skip London with three kids 4 and under. It is very busy, full on and to get the most out of it, I think you'd need a good 2 or 3 days at a minimum. If you did go, then like a previous poster said, parking on the outskirts and getting a train in would be better as London is just so busy with traffic. The ring roads aren't so bad, but navigating through the centre would just be a nightmare!

I live close to Paultons Park and there is lots to do around the area. Going into the New Forest is just beautiful with the quaint villages, roaming ponies and beautiful landscapes. There is a little place in Minstead (about 15 mins from Paultons Park) called Furzey Gardens with lots of hidden fairy doors amongst the gardens. It is relatively cheap to get in and kids just love it. There are lots of beaches nearby, fantastic country pubs etc. There is a Country Park called Moors Valley (around 20 mins from Paultons Park) which is huge. It has a lovely wooden play trail which goes all through the woods, a miniature steam train, play grounds, lake, cycle paths etc. You could easily spend a day there and it's just £10 for parking and no entry fee. Also, Bournemouth is half an hour away (where I live) and it is such a fantastic town. Miles and miles of sandy beaches, lots of things to do, always something going on.

Not sure how long you plan to spend in this area, but there is easily enough to do to spend a week or so!

Thanks so much this is very useful!! I actually remember me and DH falling out in London due to trying to get the luggage on the tube so can only imagine with 3 small kids I'd be frantic!!

Pompeyvix this is exactly what I was hoping to hear thanks you!! It sounds exactly what we are looking for. Peppa world is quite expensive so really nice to know there's lots more around for other days that are a lot cheaper. We are thinking 2 nights Blackpool and possibly 3 or 4 nights down there. It's quite along way to travel for not many nights but we have to do it all in the week.
Is there anywhere you know that's good to stay? I haven't properly looked yet

I've heard Sandy Balls holiday park is really good. It's central the places I listed and it's a holiday park so has a swimming pool and entertainment on site and so great for the kids.

Alternatively if you want something relaxing, there are lots of small hotels and B&Bs in the New Forest. I couldn't make a specific recommendation as I don't know enough about them all, but I am sure you could find something perfect if something more chilled is what you are looking for.

Thanks! I looked up that one but it was coming up really pricey (although did look great) but I luckily managed to get one of the sun holiday deals for a caravan park in Hampshire for £70 for 4 nights. I also got a Travelodge in Blackpool for £100 so pretty much all booked. I'm actually really excited looks like there's alot to do down there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->