where were you when your waters broke??

in the bathroom of my home. it was after midnight too. I knew it was time and before I knew it, I was having contractions. my son was born three hours later.

1st bag of waters were broken by midwife when she put a clip on my daughters head and 2nd bag was broken while pushing my son out!

In hospital being examined. I was being induced and the midwife was checking to see how dilated I was after being 0cm dilated earlier on.

I had been in labour for 54 hours and was on my way back from the washroom to my bed (in the hospital induction/antenatal room) halfway back to bed I got a vicious contraction and grabbed onto the countertop and started swaying into it for relief and my waters gushed out along with my son's head crashing down into my pelvis... poor little darling had quite the goose egg on his head for the first 2-3 weeks after birth. What a strange feeling it was!! I was only 3 cms dialated when they went and that was at 4:21am on May 11th. My son was born at 6:14am directly after I walked from the antenatal room to the delivery suite I dialated 3 - 10 cms in the 40 paces it took me to get there... not even 2 minutes... SO SCARY!! The nurses didn't even believe me when I was standing and squatted down saying he was coming... they rolled their eyes and checked me and sure enough he was crowning 20 minutes of actual pushing after that moment and he was born... it was insanely fast once the induction meds finally started working!!

In my kitchen, I'd just had a particularly nutritious breakfast that consisted of a packet of Quavers :haha:

I felt a slight twinge, then just felt a gush....I couldn't believe it, I was convinced I'd have ARM (artificial rupture of membranes).

With my 1st the popped on the consultants hand at 1cm an hour after having the pessary.

With my 2nd I had them broken by a doctor at 3cms (again induced) and they gushed all over her the midwife behind her and the floor and bed were covered too :haha: She stood up in her scrubs (not looking too impressed) that were wet shoulder to knee and said 'I think I'd better go change' and walked out :haha: If my contractions weren't so strong I'd have laughed so hard baby would have just shot out :haha:

I heard a 'Pop' while I was in the hospital bed (after being induced) but thought it was my hip/back as I was in pain with backache due to being strapped to a bed to be monitored constantly.

I got up 5 minutes later and went to the bathroom.. Came back, buzzed the midwife (Scared the life out of my OH) and said 'My waters have broken'. She said 'I highly doubt that, your cervix is very high and youll be here a few days. ' I said 'Either I'm incontenent.. Or my waters have broke' .. And she still didnt believe me. She made me put on a maternity pad.. and wait 5 minutes. Yup.. Waters had broke.

I got revenge though... 40 minutes or so later she had to examine me.. The rest of my waters broke all over her after she said 'Oh.. Half your waters have gone!' ;) :p

Mine broke whilst eating a macdonalds at home. I'm really lucky because I was close to meeting my oh in town and it would have be really embarassing. 3 hours later my oh was born via emcs.

In the hospital bed - my contractions were already 2 min apart, I was 7 cm dilated & already had my epidural! I was thankful it broke on its own & they did not have to break it. DD was born within 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->