Where's my baby? :(

Talia12

Reaction score
I had a 6w transvaginal u/s today. They saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole or heartbeat.
With my son, I saw his hb at what i thought was 5+4 and was later brought forward 4 days so I was really more like 6+1, but the fact I am 6w today and there was NO fetal pole or heartbeat...

The thing is, I can't have my dates wrong or have ovulated/implanted late because I got my faint BFP at only 8DPO. If I was even 1 day behind, I would've got my BFP at 7DPO which is more or less not possible. So I absolutely must be 6w at least.

Why wasn't my baby there today? All I can do is cry.

I know it's hard but it's not that uncommon not to see a heartbeat that early. I didn't see anything at my scan at 6+6 but saw good heartbeat at 8+1 first time around. I know it's worrying, are you having another scan?

Thanks. I'm having another scan in 11 days but I can't wait that long so I'm booking a private one for 6+5.

Things have progressed from your scan last week when there was just a sac. At bang on 6 weeks there is no guarantee you will see a baby or heartbeat. There is still a good chance your baby will be there at your next scan :)

Thank you. I'm just so scared as my breast tenderness has completely and totally disappeared now, as has my tiredness. I didn't realise until I didn't see a heartbeat or even any trace of a fetal pole, how desperately I was counting on seeing them today. I feel hopeless :(

When I was 6+1 with DS, he was measuring 5+5. They only saw a sac, not even a yolk sac or anything else. I know it's scary and hard to not worry, but I was re-scanned 10 days later and he had caught up and looked perfect.

This early on, it really can be hit or miss with what you see on the u/s. Hoping your private scan reassures you until your next scan :hugs:

I had a scan at 6w, and we only saw sac and yolk. The doctor said at 6 weeks the baby would be about 4 mm. My husband showed me with an object how big 4 mm is, and then said "now try to see and get a heartbeat from that!" It kind of made me feel better... But of course I booked a private scan and saw LO and heard it's heartbeat at 7w1d. Symptoms come and go. Let LO grow bit more, and your next ultrasound will hopefully be more successful. :)

Thank you. I've booked my private scan now for 6+5 days, I'm praying I get to see a heartbeat. At least at the private scan I know they will be trying to put my mind at rest rather than just rushing me and/or only really being concerned with checking the location of the pregnancy.

Praying you see a heartbeat at your next scan. With DD we saw it at 6w on the dot and it was easy to see, with this pregnancy the tech had a super hard time even seeing the sac at 6+2. So much growth can happen in only a couple of days, I bet 6+5 will be great.

Thank you. I saw my sons hb around that time too, and could clearly see the fetal pole.
I'm half hopeful that the tech would've found something if she'd really really looked, and half despondent that I was watching the screen the whole time and could clearly see there was a yolk sac only.

The thing is, it seems like most of the posts I've read where women couldn't see it, it's because they ended up being a few days behind what they thought. And I can't be, so I feel like I shouldn't even try to have hope for Tuesday :(

I think both our timing and the doctors timing can be off by a few days - even if we are in tune with our cycles. I really am hoping for the best for you, things are so tiny at this point that the tech just may not have been able to see much. I remember being nervous because at my 6+2 visit we could see less than at the 6w appt with our first. Praying Tuesday gets here quickly with good news. :hugs:

Hun same thing happened to me I now have my beautiful dd. Please click on my link at the bottom of the signature. Hope it helps. Xxx

Hun same thing happened to me I now have my beautiful dd. Please click on my link at the bottom of the signature. Hope it helps. Xxx

Thank you. I read the thread and it really gave me hope.
I am still going to be prepared that everything may not be okay on Tuesday, but I'm not giving up yet, it ain't over till it's over

Hope it goes well Talia. That's still early to see the heartbeat so I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much. When I had mine at 6+3 we saw a heartbeat but the tech said it had definitely only just started beating as was still quite slow.

Thank you, that's reassuring. Crossing my fingers hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->