Which advent calendars are you buying?

faith82

Mummy of 2 little beauties ❤️
Reaction score
I've just ordered my lb the Thomas minis one from Asda. He LOVES his minis so it was a no brainer really! But I'm a bit stuck for my DD, she is 5 and I need to get her something that has little gifts in it too. I've looked at the smiggle one on their site but it doesn't show what's inside them. Has anyone had one? Are they good and worth the money? Or does anyone have any ideas what else I could be looking at?

She loves MLP but I don't like the look of the advent calendar because she's already got some of the bits that are in it.

TIA X

I've seen a mini princess animator one for 24.99 advertised in the disney store, but it hasn't been released yet - and I can't see it on the website yet either. I've thought about this one. I was going to get a playmobil one, but I've bought too much playmobil already! I made one a couple of years ago with little pockets, so may just fill this one again.

EDIT found a picture

Attachments

• IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 6
Probably get my girls a playmobil/Lego friends one each. They had one playmobil one between them last yr (my mum bought it for them to share) and it was brilliant so I know they will get played with loads

Tulip girl thank you for that. I've not seen it, will have to keep an eye open for it when it's released and see exactly what's included in it.
I did think about a lego or play mobil one also but she's not really into either if them so not sure she would be very excited or play with them

I'm getting dd1 the Playmobil Royal ice skating one this year. I got her a different playmobil one a couple of years ago and she loved it.

I don't know what to get for dd2. She'll only be nearly 2, so I might not bother at all, as she probably won't get it. But it'll mean hiding dd1's out of sight or she won't be happy!

I'm sticking with chocolate this year. Last few years I've bought expensive ones and they lose their novelty quickly with my boys, the chocolate ones always end up being the fave so just doing that this year. I'm still getting the Lush one mind ��

I'm so traditional - chocolate calendars only and they have to have a Christmas picture they aren't allowed novelty or character ones. I always used to buy dairy milk but they changed them recently and they are to cartoon-ish for me now

I've bought this. Going to dark oak stain the frame and sandpaper white drawers. Put 2 miniature heroes/celebrations/roses in the drawers for DD's

Wooden-Advent-Tree-AC423C.jpg

I just get her a chocolate one. Never bothered with the expensive toy ones. I had thought of making my own or buying one of those wooden advent trains so they basically last for years but i never do. Mostly cause i know all my DD Is interested in is having a piece of chocolate at like 8am!!!

I got the minis one last year for my son who was full on obsessed with Thomas and a Frozen toy one for my daughter. Well my son's almost year-long obsession with Thomas ended a couple of weeks after Christmas and the bits from the Frozen one were gone within a day or two... I'm sticking with chocolate ones this year!

The girls get a chocolate one. And my mum also sewed them a fabric one each when they were born so they have that and it gets filled up with chocolate coins and some christmas hair clips or christmas necklace etc. They love it, I haven't bought them the expensive ones yet as already spend a fortune on presents and stocking etc and I don't think they would still have stuff from the first by the 12th lol maybe next year when they're older
Xxx

I've got this one and still need to get another one.

MtxYaU8.jpg

evj5vV7.jpg

Think we'll just go for chocolate ones. £20 X 2 for playmobil makes me think I should just buy them a decent set. I'd love the gin one ;-)

My 2 just get the chocolate ones. Christmas is already expensive, without paying £40+ for 2 advent calendars, plus their birthdays are just after Christmas too.

We don't buy them as they get two each each year from family. It's usually Dairy Milk ones :)

i was tempted to get a toy one last year and i still am this year! but my dad made her an advent calendar when she was a baby and every year he fills it up for her with sweets so i'll just stick with that :)

would looooove the lush one for myself but just don't have the money! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->