Which breast pump?

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I’m currently looking at the Spectra S1 which says it’s a hospital grade double pump. Currently using the Tommee Tippee single electric pump and I can’t stand the thing. It’s killing my nipples! It’s worse than a wonky latch. I bought the Medela Harmony (manual pump) but I can barely pump anything out of me with that.
The Spectra is mains or battery which is handy, is apparently super quiet and is closed, but is £150 ish. Cheaper than many others, but a lot immediately before Christmas. I don’t like the idea of secondhand particularly because I’m weird when it comes to hygiene and also if there’s an issue then I won’t be able to return it. I also like that there’s an option of buying larger shields because I must have nipples the size of planets.
Has anyone used one of these? If so is it any good? I want to press ‘buy’ but I’m apprehensive because it’s not the cheapest purchase and I haven’t yet completed the Christmas shopping

I haven't used that one before but it does sound quite good though.
I used a Lansinoh electric breast pump which could be mains or batteries and was around £70 I think. It had various settings and it worked in the same way that a baby would stimulate a letdown while feeding. I found that really useful in the early months with James when I did need to pump. When my supply regulated I found it harder to get milk out with an electric pump so I switched to the Lansinoh manual pump :)

I use the medela pump in style advanced but hate it my breasts never feel empty with it . I am going to buy the spectra s1 when I have enough money i did alot of reading and it seems to be a better pump for milk production .

Thank you both!
I bought it. That awful pump I was using was so painful, I couldn’t stand the thought of using it again. Thank God the Spectra was delivered swiftly. I spied on the delivery person so I didn’t miss the door lol
Really pleased I bought it, it’s amazing so far. I have used it twice, it doesn’t cause any pain and feels closer to how a baby feeds than the other pump by miles. I just pumped 8-9 oz without a problem

I'm so glad it's working well :)

I agree with you about the Tommy Tippee pump. I used to have one and it was awful! I accidentally melted it in the microwave while sterilising it, and it turned out to be the best thing I did :haha:

I’m so pleased you melted it! They deserve to be melted, on a mass scale. I don’t know how they have any good reviews. They’re incredibly loud too, definitely useless if you thought about expressing whilst everyone’s asleep.
This one is amazing. One of the brilliant things about it is the rechargeable battery. Didn’t remember to top the electric up the day it arrived, power went halfway through pumping and I sat there wondering how it was still working... didn’t remember of course it has its own battery! So if there’s a power cut halfway through expressing you know it’s going to continue working, on top of being able to take it wherever

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->