Which carrier?

Freyasmum

Mum of 2
Reaction score
We are planning on not getting a pram/buggy/stroller this time round, so I am looking at carriers.

We can really only afford to buy one though... At the moment I am leaning towards either a Close baby carrier, or a Babyhawk.

Just wondered if anyone could offer any advice, or opinion as to which we should go with. Or even if something else would be better!

Thanks!

I love the babyhawk thought I've not tried anything else to compare. If I was using it all the time, I might prefer a Connecta though, I think they're the ones that are pretty much the same except with buckles rather than ties so quicker to get on and off.

I have just ordered an Action Baby Carrier, which is similar to the connecta, its like a mei tai but has buckles for quick on and off. Although I haven't had a Close/Moby I think people normally say they're suitable for smaller, lighter babies. :)

I have a Mei Tai and I love it, but I find it a right pain getting it on if im on my own or in a hurry. I want one of these now, pretty much the same as a MT but clips on https://www.connectababycarrier.com/

If you can only do one, a mei tai.

Or go to a sling meet and look at a few to make a decision. :)

i like my BH mei tai too but i haven't tried any others to compare it too in fairness.

Do they do sling meets in your area? If so they're a good source of info and often they have sling libraries so you can test for free. If you just put sling meet in a search engine the site should come up :thumbup:

No sling meets anywhere near me, unfortunately. :(

Thanks so much for all the info - I hadn't seen that connecta one before. It looks great - I particularly like that you can get it in a UV resistant fabric. Living in NZ the threat from the sun is particularly bad.
I can't see it available in NZ, but shipping doesn't seem to bad, especially with the exchange rate being so good at the mo. :)

My OH (who worked in an outdoorsy/camping store) can't understand why I would rather get something like this than a 'proper' back pack one made by a reputable back pack company. :shrug: He just doesn't get it. The whole point for me (apart from the convenience factor) is the closeness it allows.

I really love my babyhawk too :) That def lasts a long time, Hayden can still use his and he's over 2!

I really love my babyhawk too :) That def lasts a long time, Hayden can still use his and he's over 2!

hi, you say he can use it and hes 2, is that a toddler one or a baby mei tai? im looking at getting one.

thank you:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"