Which detergent...

Jetters

Reaction score
...do you use to wash your nappies? Please tell me!!!!!

(I don't like soap nuts) and I remember that you can't use various different ones, so which CAN you use safely?? And is it just 1/4 of the normal amount?

I have never used powder, only liquid!

I use 2 tablespoons of Bold 2 in 1 powder as we have water so hard it would beat you up if you didn't use softener :haha:
Works nicely and not had any stink/build up etc. issues as of yet :D

Another Bold 2in1 user here. I use the gel. They give you a lid dispenser thing with it and I just put a tiny bit (about 1/8 or 1/4) of the holding volume.

I use Thirsties nappies, and I use Thirsties detergent too. But when I run out I use "All, Free & Clear." 1/4 to 1/2 the recommended amount.

I am not loving soapnuts anymore! so have been using lavender bold/fairy non bio depending on whats in the cupboard :rofl:

I use soapnuts but when I didnt I used any non bio gel or liquid depeding what was on offer!

Can you use a 2 in 1??? Thought you could only use the detergent or am I missing some vital info??? Just incase the soapnuts doent work out for me, a 2 in 1 would leave em smelling nice :rofl:

i read on cnt that using bio is a better idea as it gets things cleaner than non bioand as long as you rinse clean (ie dont use to much detergent) then it is ok for sensitive skin. i am gonna pick some up

However Bio will wear the nappies faster than others, esp the elastic and PUL. Oh and Ive never had problem with non bio getting things clean. When I used detergent I barely used 1/4 the amount and my nappies have always come out clean.

o ok thanks squish... as always the voice of wisdom :flower: i wont bother then, i plan on reusing with a second baby

I use Fairy. I used to use the small and mighty liquid but just recently switched to powder as I think I read somewhere that powder is better for the machine and I love my new-ish machine so it only gets the best from me. :rofl: I've never had a problem with it being non-bio.

I tried ecover but wasn't too keen on it, it smells funny!

You might want to consider Bold 2 in 1 if you won't be tumble drying, though I don't know if it will keep things much softer. Don't know how you feel about Bold though, given that they're EVIL mwahahahahaaaaaaaaa.

i use bold 2 in 1 and it does leave them softer than using normal bio or non bio, i used to have *really* crispy nappies cos i dont have a dryer but now they are lovely :)

x

I'm washing all of my nappies today with the Bold 2in1 gel that you put into the machine... it was all I had so good job it's what lots of you have recommended :rofl:

I've been doing a 30 min rinse cycle, then putting in the detergent and doing a 50 wash, then another rinse cycle... does that sound right?

If you're just prewashing to get the absorbancy up, I'd not bother with hot water, just wash them on cool :)

^wss

when you do your really poo-ey wash you dont even need to do a 30min rinse then, a quick rinse and spin gets the worst poos out of my nappies, then a 60 wash, then another quick rinse/spin just to make sure all the detergent is out :)

x

I'm not prewashing them for absorbancy... they're mostly preloved so just want them clean! I did Squish's bucket tip for all the new ones yesterday (swish around in bucket, soak, refil bucket with new water about 5 times!)

:D

....and after 6 loads my house looks like a laundry!

I don't use 2in1 but how come Bold is okay - is the softener part different in that to others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->