Which Double Buggy?

CAM

Reaction score
Anyone got any advice on double buggy?

At the moment I have a Bugaboo Cameleon but will need a double for at least a year as my eldest will be just 18 months!!

Think the Bugaboo Donkey is too expensive!!

Any tips side by side? Tandem??

I love my city mini baby jogger double.

I hated the idea of a side by side so tried a phil and teds and i really didnt like it at all, it wasnt practical :nope: I sold it for a fraction of what it was worth and got the city mini - it fits standard doorways and it so light to push, and easy to fold. It was a (corrected age) of about 18 months for us too, we still use it now

I love the bugaboo donkey but sooo expensive. Will be stalking this thread x

I considered a tandem but I wouldn't have used it for long.
I don't like the idea of one child being underneath/behind the other.
I'm not bothered by the practicality of a side by side, I'd rather both children could see what's going on.
I managed to get my hands on an Emmaljunga City Duo, it's rear or forward facing and it's not much wider than a Silver Cross coach/balmoral.

Ha, just reading the exact same thread in toddler club. Few more opinions for you:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/toddler-pre-school/1740173-pushchair-toddler-new-baby.html

I still have no idea! thinking side by side...

I am thinking of getting a tandem as i've measured my front door and baby city mini jogger double wouldn't actually fit, i must have small door ways!
It's a really hard decision, really dont want to get a buggy I hate :(

I've got the cameleon and need a double. How about second hand donkeys?

I like the baby jogger city select, it's a tandem only looked at it at a glance and had a real quick push round John Lewis but I liked it.

Stalking this for other views

I have a donkey and we paid a fortune for it but it fantastic in so many different ways id defo consider a second hand one if possible, they fit through single doors and go to a single afterwards i cant recommend them enough x

Britax b-ready! I have it and love it! just ordered the second seat for this one on the way its awesome and my son loves it!

Mine will be a 17 month age gap, and I'm going for a PhIl and Teds Navigator. I was open a tandem or a side by side, and narrowed it down to the city mini, out and about nipper and the P&T navigator based on online research plus recommendations from friends, then i went to see them in person. I thought I would like the city mini best, but was surprised to find I liked the P&T best, as did hubby. Liked that you can take the front seat off completely and put a maxi-cosi carseat in it's place while using the double kit for the toddler, plus the air tyres seemed better for our country roads, and that it can be used as a single as and when required, rather than wheeling round a side by side double with an empty seat when Toddler wants to walk.

Might feel differently when I've tried it out in reality for a while, who knows! :shrug:

I preferred a side by side as I didn't like the idea of one baby being beneath the other BUT my friend who has 15 month age gap between her two said she hated her side by side as it was to wide to get through certain places then with bags on side even worse. Then once one child slept the other one would wake them up busy fighting over toys, foods, blankets lol she seems to advice a tandem...

I have a lot to say about this topic.

Baby Jogger City Elite Double Stroller

Pros: Excellent stroller! Lots of pockets in the parent console, easy to open/close, folds flat, spacious, well constructed, sun shade provides lots of coverage with two nice sized windows, vented sides so that it doesn't get too hot for the little ones, reclines to almost flat, seats adjust independently, basket is a decent size, smooth ride, excellent on most terrain

Cons: Heavy, doesn't easily fit in all aisles and door ways (most but not all), brakes and wheels are one piece so if you have a problem with the brakes i.e. strip the brakes, you will have to replace the whole wheel assembly

Baby Jogger City Elite Single with Jump Seat

Pros: Same as City Elite Double

Cons: The jump seat is no longer in production but you can buy it second hand. Note: there was a recall on the seat (the fix requires straps for the sides of the seat). Do not get this seat to use with an older child. There is not enough clearance for the rear passenger's feet unless they are quite small. Finally, it did not feel safe having two kids in the single with jump seat.

Peg Perego Duette

Pros: ability to arrange seats in forward or rear facing, big basket, reclines to almost flat, fits into doorways and aisles, difficult to maneuver on certain terrains

Cons: I did not like this stroller at all! The chassis was not strong enough and wobbled a lot. The seats are hard with no padding. sun shades are too low - definitely not made for taller kids.

If I had to buy a double stroller today, I would definitely look at the Baby Jogger City Select strollers. They are nice looking strollers and I know that they are well made. Good resale too!

We have the baby jogger city mini single right now. We have a baby jogger city mini double lined up for when baby arrives. DD1 likes to walk a lot at the moment so will probably only use it on longer days out and stick to our pram and then BJCM single for DD2.

We'v got a Baby Jogger City Select and i love it!
I'm using it as a single at the mo but have a second seat, adaptors, carry cot and carseat for when this baby comes along.
I got it 2nd hand off ebay with chassis, seat unit, 2nd seat unit and adaptor, carrycot kit, 2 footmuffs, 2 raincovers and a toddler tray 6 months old for £400 and its in brilliant condition!
It feels really robust without being bulky and the chassis folds almost totally flat. It takes up less room than my old single! The shopping basket is mahoosive and accessible in double mode too. The thing i likes was that when its in double mode the rear seat is a bit higher up so whoevers in the back can still see all round.

Nipper out and about is good for toddlers, not sure how good when baby is very small. It's super manoeuvrable and light. I had one for a nanny share when my DD was one so only used it from that age.

I liked the nipper but it won't fit easily in my boot - Peugeot 207. Also a bit wobbly when I tested it with my toddler in the shop, hit a kerb wrong and you might find yourself struggling to regain balance.

I'm currently trying to find a second hand Phil and ted in decent condition.

Any ideas on a side by side that can attach a carry cot for bubs and have a seat for toddler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->