Which ERF seat is in your car?

pinkclaire , typically its found that erf children fold their legs or put them up against the seat back for comfort and it doesnt annoy them so much as you would think

Thanks Lynnikyns, see I knew someone would :winkwink: I'm not worried until the day he seems bothered by it! Id rather him be safe, my DH is the one I have to convince more :haha: but hes getting used to my strange ways that go against the grain :haha:

Car: 2009 Toyota Corolla
Seat: Safety 1st Complete Air LX

https://www.elitecarseats.com/assets/product_images/200/103355CHROMITE0.jpg

We LOVE this seat! RF from 5-40 lbs and 19-40", FF from 22-50 lbs. and 34-45". It has a 3-position strap, 5-position headrest and 4-position recline; very easy to adjust.

The strap that comes up between the legs is the longest I've ever seen on an infant seat; Carmen has chunky things and the straps on her old seat fit across her legs awkwardly and too tight. To adjust the harness straps, all you need to do is pull on the strap in front, it's really simple. Easy to install as well (and has a cupholder :)).

It is a large seat and possibly wouldn't be ideal for a smaller car or taller parents (Bee and I are 5'5'' and 5'3'' respectively), but our little girl is very comfortable in it and loves sleeping with her head against the Air Protect pillows on either side of the headrest.

I remember being in a car accident as a child and my little brother knocked heads with me (he was in his carseat); this seat seemed like a great idea to me as the Air Protect pillows not only stop the child's head from going too far sideways, but protects the head from "side impact intrusion" (it transfers the force of the impact to the seat).

We'll have to buy a new seat when Carmen goes over 50 lbs., but for now this one is ideally suited to our needs. :)

I'd like to update please Tiggs.

DH and my Dad installed it to begin with, but they didn't put it reclined enough so as she fell asleep her head bobbed forward. I have since got in there with my brute force :bodyb: (!) and pulled it down more so it's now in a much better reclined position. However, it leaves less room in the front. I still have a small gap infront of my knees, but not sure how well hubby will fit in. I shall make him sit in the passenger side later and let you know if it's possible.

Dimbo, smacked wrists for you, if you re-write your comment here once you have squeezed hubby in the car, I'll copy and paste it over in the first post.

All updated again, thanks for your contributions.

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. Graco MyRide 65. Canada. Very comfortable for baby but very large - fits nicely into my van but probably won't fit into anything smaller. Worth every penny, we all love it!

Vauxhall Astra hatchback 04 onwards model. Britax Hi Way.

Lovely comfy seat but only just fits my car though, long journeys will be uncomfortable for the passenger but I'd rather that and have LO RF. LO seems to love it, i don't ever hear a peep out of him!.

Arrrgh ate my message.

here we go again.
2001 Toyota Vitz (also known as an Echo or Yaris)-This is a very tiny car. Probably only a Ford Ka is smaller.
Cosco Scenera
Other cars I've had this seat in:
2006 Hyundai Elantra (US)
1997 Mercury/Plymouth Villager- only fits in back central seat due to seatbelt type (US)
1993 Mitusbishi V3000/Diamante (NZ)
1997 Geo Prism/ (Toyota Camry budget model) (US)
RF from 5 to 35lbs. This is a budget seat best for shorter children. Not a lot of padding, but good for a second car or relative's car. Available in the US and NZ.

lol the yaris here isnt such a small car, ok its a 3 door hatch but the Ay-go and Citroen C1 are smaller

Besafe izi combi in a renault modus UK
Fits great but only with the back seats pushed back so the boot is smaller. (so only the model where the back seats can be moved) Great car seat but my little girls head did flop forward when she slept at 6 months even though it was reclined as far as possible. Wouldnt want to use for a newborn.

car-vauxhall zafira 2000
seat-britax 2 way elite
location-uk
comments-my lo went into her erf seat at 9m n although it doesnt have reclines as such the way u fit it gives it recline atm its fitted behind the drivers seat (but also fits in the middle & behind passengers no problem) im 5'7 n have my seat fairly far back but the cars rear seat is adjustable to accomidate the 6th n 7th seat so gives us an advantage fitting a erf in, my lo is very comfy n her seat n sleeps ok in it too, i find it very easy to fit but helps if u have another person to tighten the tethers, i love it very sturdy when fitted n plenty of leg room even for a older child
(i also love that theres no polystyrene bits i have older kids n they climb in n out i dont have to worry about them catching the seat)

Nissan Murano 2005, Britax Boulevard 70, USA. We've had it installed behind the passenger seat & it is now in the centre. No problem with installation using latch system & tethers (there are places in the car to attach the tethers in middle and side positions). Leg room is more than reasonable, but car seat is not far from the back of the front seats, so reclining is limited for driver &/or passenger. Fits very well into this model of car overall and we are pleased with the car seat itself!

Car - peugeot 206, 5 door, 2000 model
Seat - Britax Multi Tech (UK)

I have no complaints with this seat, it fits in the car well considering it is a pretty small car, the front passenger seat is quite far forward but this is not an issue for us as nobody tall ever travels in our car (OH is 5'8ish.)

Britax First Class Plus - Ford Focus 2002

Fits in ok, not as secure as it could be had to use the loop on both sides of the seat and put seatbelt through both whereas in old car only one was secure enough. Plenty leg room in front passenger seat. Carseat is quite high though can restrict veiw from back side window.

Britax First Class Plus - VW Polo 98'ish

Fit in absoloutely perfectly, secure, enough space in front passenger seat, was pretty perfect in this car.

Britax/Volvo Multitech - Ford Focus 2002

Fits in perfect, Tethers on underseat bar, seatbelt is long enough, no buckle crunch or anything. Space in front passenger seat is more than enough aswell. Going to trya nd install it into middle seat and see how it fits but have no doubts.

Britax/Volvo Multitech - Hyundai I30

Fits in just fine in here, PLENTY space, thumbs up!

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 (2010 model)
Graco DuoLogic 2 (installed using Isofix)
Fitted with no problems. I did find the passenger seat a bit cramped though (I am 5'7''). I think this was more to do with the design of the car, as you lose half the footwell space (on the LH side) to the wheel arch. On a 6 hour car journey, I found I was looking forward to the stops. (Eala, UK)

I have finally made DH sit in the passenger seat now the multitech is reclined properly. I'm not going to lie, it's not pretty :haha: He can just about get his legs in, but it wouldn't be very useful for more then a few minutes journey. However, I still have enough room to be comfortable.

Sorry to give misinformation in the first place.

Car: 1999 (I think!) VW Golf
Seat: BeSafe Izi Combi Isofix X3

It fits ok behind the passenger seat but you do have to move the seat forward a bit. There is about a 5 inch gap between the front seat and the dashboard so there is room for normal length legs, though it might be a bit squashed on a longer journey or for a tall person. For a normal journey, there's still plenty of room for my handbag and shopping by my feet though!

The seat seems quite high so visibility out of the side window in the back is restricted. It's worse for me as I have short legs so sit nearer the steering wheel than OH, but I can only see out of the smaller part of the side window (the triangle bit rather than the full window). I didn't like it at first but you get used to it.

Just a little update. I actually paid attention when we were in the car the other day and the gap between the passenger seat and the dashboard is more like 12 inches really, not 5, so it should be fine for all but the fussiest of passengers.

We got our ERF yesterday from Milton Keynes :happydance: Now I can fill this out!

Car: Hyundai i30
Car seat: Britax 2 Way (seatbelted)
Comments: Although our car has isofix sockets we found all the ERF isofix seats far far too big for our i30. The 2 Way was the best one for us. The seat was fit by making the passenger seat adjusted to a more upright position. I actually had more legroom which I actually prefer to being reclined. The two hour drive back to London was actually comfier with the extra legroom!

Peugeot 206 2003. Britax Hi Way. Sturdy seat that LO finds comfy. Passenger seat has to be moved very far forward and I don't think it's safe to drive with someone sitting there as your view out of their side window is compromised. Fitting is fairly straightforward although the curve on the backseat means it takes a few goes to get the car seat lined up right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->