Which Film wont you watch and Why??

I watched Paranormal Activity last night. I enjoyed it, it scared me at the time but it obviously wasn't THAT scary since I got to sleep just fine :lol:

Ummm...

Ones I will never want to watch:

The Passion - because I'm just not interested
Saw - because I might throw up if I watch them
Sex and the City - because IMO the show is pointless. I've watched it a few times and they just seem like tramps :shrug:
Harry Potter - just never appealed to me, and don't see why I should watch it just because everyone else thinks it's amazing. If they can't sell it to me in the 30 second trailer, I'm not going to bother

Ones I have watched, but never want to watch again:

Signs - because it scares the hell out of me
Star Wars - I was made to sit through the trilogy about three times, and I hate hate hate them. Never again.
Twilight etc - I watched the first and I didnt' think much of the storyline
The Ring - holy crap, that's scary stuff!
Final Destination - because it can happen!
Watership Down - we had the 70s version on video, and the fact that the sun bleeds onto the hills was enough to scar me for life, let alone seeing all the rabbits with miximatosis :shock: Whoever thought that would be a good film for a child was a bit mental IMO. I don't even want to try to watch the new version; even if Steven Gately was in it
Legend - never liked what they did with that unicorn
The Dark Crystal - why make birdie things that look like skeletons and shriek?! I had nightmares about them!

i will not watch paranormal activity my family was watching it and i just sat facing the other way from
the tv and when scary bits was going on i would cover my ears :rofl:

Forgot to mention "The Birds". It really freaks me out! lol :wacko:

Resident Evil. Zombies scare the shit out of me. Serious.

Oooh i love the Birds.

Hitchcock rocks.

V xxx

Ummm...

Ones I will never want to watch:

The Passion - because I'm just not interested
Saw - because I might throw up if I watch them
Sex and the City - because IMO the show is pointless. I've watched it a few times and they just seem like tramps :shrug:
Harry Potter - just never appealed to me, and don't see why I should watch it just because everyone else thinks it's amazing. If they can't sell it to me in the 30 second trailer, I'm not going to bother

Ones I have watched, but never want to watch again:

Signs - because it scares the hell out of me
Star Wars - I was made to sit through the trilogy about three times, and I hate hate hate them. Never again.
Twilight etc - I watched the first and I didnt' think much of the storyline
The Ring - holy crap, that's scary stuff!
Final Destination - because it can happen!
Watership Down - we had the 70s version on video, and the fact that the sun bleeds onto the hills was enough to scar me for life, let alone seeing all the rabbits with miximatosis :shock: Whoever thought that would be a good film for a child was a bit mental IMO. I don't even want to try to watch the new version; even if Steven Gately was in it
Legend - never liked what they did with that unicorn
The Dark Crystal - why make birdie things that look like skeletons and shriek?! I had nightmares about them!

You have pretty much just listed all of my faverite films ;)
The dark crystal does still creep me out though and they are making a sequal to it now

I have always loved scary films but I watched Paranormal activity a few months back and ashamed to say I jumped and hid behind the baby at the end ( LO was fast asleep and only about a week old so had no idea)

The film I cant watch is an old one called The Gate because it has a seen where they dig up the family dog and the dog reminds me of the one I had as a kid and I find it realy disturbing, its OH faverite film so he keeps trying to put it on

I won't watch the Hostel movies, I've watched Saw III and though I closed my eyes during the gory bits, I enjoyed the plot line (which the Hostel movies are pretty much lacking or so I've heard!)

I also refuse to watch any of the Twilight films because the whole palaver has put me off...the fangirls scare me, I'd quite like to slap them silly :rofl:

I hate most chick flicks, find them to be pretty lame...Jerseygirl, for example, was TERRIBLE.

And I will never watch Paranormal Activity a second time as it was terrible, not even remotely scary :nope: I'm always surprised when I hear that people were scared of it...why?!

x

Great thread V .. but I'd advise you to never come visit me at home.. somewhere around here, every so often, we get that noise from War of the Worlds.. Seriously, sounds just like it! I had never noticed it to begin with, until the day after we watched WOW and I looked at Dave like 'wtf?!'

I really enjoy films like 2012, and Knowing .. I kind of enjoy these films about the world ending.. must be some sort of weird curiosity! Even though after watching them, it does freak me out a little wondering if stuff like that could really happen!

I like most types of films, comedies, romcoms, horrors.. I'll watch anything but a few have disturbed me a little..
*Paranormal Activity* - not scary as such.. but I do have a very over-active imagination and lay in bed during the night thinking I could hear someone walking up the stairs!
*Cloverfield* - OMG.. The worst film I think I have EVER seen!!
Since the loss of Liam, I do find any film that is fairly graphic on the death of a baby or unborn baby quite upsetting to watch.
And since having my girls, anything to do with any kind of abuse, murder, rape etc.. seems to hit home more since becoming a parent.

As for favourites..
*Dirty Dancing* is probably my most favourite feel good film of all time.
I love anything like *Goodfellas* .. *Green Street*
I am a bit of wuss and will cry at everything!
*Marley and Me* had me crying for ages afterwards, lol
*Phenomenon* with John Travolta gets me every time.

And I do like the older musicals too..
*West Side Story* is my favourite, have watched it loads since being a little girl and always reminds of sitting there watching it with my Dad

i wont watch sleepers as its about child abuse.
i also wont watch shawshank redemtion as it made me cry.

i like horror films but its my imagination after the film that gets me lol

i wont watch -
afraid of the dark - every childs worst fear and the only place your safe is under the covers
nightmare on elm street - freddy kruger, enough said
and pritty much anything about the apocalipse (sp?) freaks me right out

Anything with Tom Cruise in :haha: Sorry if there are any fans of his but I just can't stomach him or the films he is in. Just not my cup of tea.

i dont like will smith films because i just cant stand him lol

Anything with Tom Cruise in :haha: Sorry if there are any fans of his but I just can't stomach him or the films he is in. Just not my cup of tea.

Same here! He's rubbish!!

I wouldn't ever watch Marley and me again, it's such a crap film and also I hate the scene where she's in the scan room all excited, it's horrible :(
I Love horror films but I saw a bit of a freddy kruegar film when I was about 12 and still occasionally get nightmares :blush: it's the most horrible scary movie ever

Mine is the same, I flat refuse to see War of the Worlds. Scares the living daylights out of me!

I also don't want to see 2012 or parnormal activity! Eeek!

I won't watch war films.

Or if I do, I have to be 'in the mood' which rarely happens. Bit too close to home tbh. Not because I worry about myself or being deployed, but because I can't stop myself imagining that the characters are from my unit, or my friends who have been injured or killed on deployments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->