Which makes more sense?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
So as some of you know, my OH and I have been together for four years now (May 2007) and we've been engaged since December 2009. We were planning on getting married in August this year, but my mom can't afford to help us out, so we are going to have to postpone it. Normally, it wouldn't bother me to have to postpone the wedding at all but now that baby #3 is on its way, I'm not so sure.

So my question is...would it be better for my OH and I just to wait to get married until we can afford it or should we just go to the courthouse and get married (do the paperwork and everything so we'd be legally married, just not have a ceremony)?

My mom said we should just wait, but I'm not really sure if that would be the best idea. Besides that (and this may seem dumb) but I want us all to finally have the same last name. Aiden and Mady have my last name and we can't change it until we get married. When this baby is born, I don't want to have to change their last name down the line. My reasoning is that I don't want baby#3 to have a different last name than Aiden and Mady, so he/she would get my last name and then we'd have to change it later. Hopefully that made sense.

So what do you ladies think would be the best?

It's ultimately up to you.
Can't you go get married at the courthouse to make it official? But have a celebration at another time in your life when you're able to afford it?

I think Amy said the both of best worlds.
I think its one of those gut feeling kinda of thing.

I agree with Amy! I would legally get married and have a ceremony in a few years when you can afford it.
That's what OH and I are doing next week. We are getting paper married but will have a ceremony in a few years. :flower:

Yeah, it's really what you think you should do for you and your family.

xx

I think I would wait, cos if I was already officially married when I had the ceremony I would feel like it was all fake iykwim? Up to you though :D I think marriage tends to be a lot more 'the done thing' in the US? x

Awwww Shannon your getting married NEXT WEEK!? So exciting!!!!

I would perfer to wait until we could afford a ceremony.

I think I would wait, cos if I was already officially married when I had the ceremony I would feel like it was all fake iykwim? Up to you though :D I think marriage tends to be a lot more 'the done thing' in the US? x

I agree with this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->