Which teas can I drink?

T

Toms Mummy

So I love love love tea! I drink sooo many cups each day. But now that I am pregnant I thought I should cut down (I can't cut it out all together :blush:) to a wake up cup.

Sooo, what else can I drink? I started drinking camomile tea today as that's my 2nd fave but I've just read that it might not be safe in pregnancy?

I don't really like the fruit onlt teas. We have peppermint, greentea and rooibus in the cupboard, are they all safe?

Peppermint and rooibos (red tea) are 100% OK. Rooibos actually has as many antioxidants as green tea and has no caffeine. Green tea may block SOME folic acid absorption, but not all. I guess don't drink it close to when you eat green leafies / take your supplement? Or just don't drink a whole lot.
Pregnancy teas are safe, as long as you are not having contractions. Red raspberry leaf, while super good for your uterus, and helpful for labor prep, can assist a body that is primed to deliver get going. So if having cramping etc, avoid, otherwise drink up. I drink 3-4 cups of Traditional Medicinals Pregnancy tea a day (and have since before BFP) and it tastes good and sometimes settles my morning sickness.
Pretty much anything by Celestial Seasonings.

I stopped Celestial Seasonings (though raspberry zinger and peach are my absolute favorites!) because they have things like chicory in them. I looked at the individual ingredients and there were several that were possibly unsafe in pregnancy. I stick to black tea and peppermint and I'll start raspberry leaf tea at 32 weeks.

Tom's Mummy!!! Congratulations!! How lovely that you're pregnant, very pleased for you!! I'm happy you and OH sorted that one out :) xx

Hi Mummy May!.... Yeah early days but very exciting!

Thanks for the advice on teas. I think I'll avoid Greentea, glad rooibos is okay! So is cammomile okay?

I think I'll stay away from rasp leaf for now as I started taking it at 33 weeks, a week later Tom was born! Prob a coincendence but I think I'll play it safe :)

My Dr told me no chamomile so I stopped drinking it - but lots of women do.

Thanks Jess, I've heard conflicting stuff that it can cause uterine contractions. But then I've read that that's just the oils and the tea isn't strong enough!

Best to just stay off it I suppose!

I don't want to put you off anything, I just don't want to risk it myself. The reason my Dr gave is because there just hasn't been much if any research on it.

I don't mind not drinking it, there's plenty others out there. I like rooibos so will stick with that! :)

im drinking tea theres not enought caffiene in tea to hurt unless you drink 5 or more cups lol

Rooibos is my fav! Chamomile made my tummy feel funny and mint tea was good up until I started getting heartburn/acid reflux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->