Which way round?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
So we have decided on Daisy Eliza for our little girl. I love the name! And it 'feels right'. We even call the bump Daisy to DD and have ordered bunting for the bedroom!

But.. As much as OH also loves the name he still has a little feeling that for her sake she should be Eliza Daisy.

Have we made the right decision using Daisy Eliza or should we swap to Eliza Daisy as it's more grown up?
(The fact we've bought stuff doesn't matter)

I agree that Eliza daisy sounds more grown up, but daizy Eliza has a better flow to it. Maybe stick with it the way you have it but call her Eliza as her main name. I'm not much help lol, sorry. Lovely name though xx

I really like Daisy Eliza. Maybe when she's an adult, she can use Eliza, but I think Daisy is such a sweet name. My best friend's sister actually just named her little girl Daisy Jessica.

I prefer it the other way around. Though as already suggested, you could stick with what you have and call her by her middle name :)

Im with Eliza Daisy. Daisy is very cute, but I cant picture a 50 year old business CEO names "daisy" in the boardroom...

I don't think it matters really. Daisy's not an uncommon name so when she's older no one will think 'what a weird name for an adult' lol. I say go with whatever you like best.

Love Daisy Eliza. Don't worry about it not being 'grown up', by the time your lo is an adult, names deemed grown up will be completely different.

Thanks everyone.
Going to stick with the way I love & she can always call herself Eliza when she's older if she dislikes her name.
I know a 2 year old, 22 year old and 80 year old daisy so I don't struggle to see it on someone that age x

Def Daisy Eliza, it flows beautifully, and like you say if she doesn't like it she can use Eliza. Daisy is a classic, it was my great grandmothers name, it's timeless and used across all generations x

I don't think it matters. Daisy will more than likely be in a job with Studley & Chardonnay so it will sound grown up. GO with what you feel is best. I prefer Daisy Eliza - I think its a beautiful feminine name.

I don't see Daisy as a baby name. It works well for lots of grown ups. Look at Daisy Lowe, she's in her late twenties now and her name suits her just fine. If she dislikes it she'll probably choose to go by Eliza herself, so don't worry!

If the name Daisy is popular in the UK - then there will be many other adults named Daisy when your daughter is grownup... so i'm sure it will seem like a completely normal name for a grown, professional woman.

I'm in the US and I have never known anyone named Daisy, or even heard of anyone with this name - young, old, famous - no one. (except of course Daisy Duck)

If the name Daisy is popular in the UK - then there will be many other adults named Daisy when your daughter is grownup... so i'm sure it will seem like a completely normal name for a grown, professional woman.

I'm in the US and I have never known anyone named Daisy, or even heard of anyone with this name - young, old, famous - no one. (except of course Daisy Duck)

How strange! I think it's number 18 in the Uk so yes it is popular x

I like Daisy Eliza but goes well both ways :)

I like Daisy Eliza best. As others have said Daisy is quite common now and when your DD is older there will be lots of adults called Daisy so it won't seem out of place (although I don't think it sounds like an odd name for an adult anyway, until a few years ago the only Daisy's I knew were OAP's and their names suited the just fine)

Sticking with Daisy Eliza as it feels like 'the right name'
I can't fault it and the fact I wanted Izzy to be called it shows I must like it& it has special meaning to me :)
Thanks for all the comments xx

I'd go with Daisy Eliza it's lovely. Plus you've been considering Eliza for some time now and haven't stuck on it, so it's probably not 'the' name for you?

I've said it before that we have similar tastes, Jack was going to be Daisy and my Freddie was going to be Lily :D

I'd go with Daisy Eliza it's lovely. Plus you've been considering Eliza for some time now and haven't stuck on it, so it's probably not 'the' name for you?

I've said it before that we have similar tastes, Jack was going to be Daisy and my Freddie was going to be Lily :D

I am really struggling! As like you've said I've been considering it for a long time and it hasn't felt right but Eliza is what my nan chose, she's currently in hospital losing her battle.
I know she would want me to chose a name I like (she named her cat daisy as she loves the name & her middle name is Margaret which Daisy is a nickname for)
She's also known as Nanny Diddle to our whole family and bump is known as Daisy Diddle . So both names honour her but she loves Eliza so I feel I should use it.
Sorry if I've rambled or made no sense!

Makes perfect sense to me! Of course you want to honour her, it's just hard to please everyone and then end up pleasing all but yourself! I would use Eliza as a middle name, it's very pretty and your nan loves it, yet you get to chose a first name that you LOVE, which I'm sure would also make your nan happy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->