Which weight loss group?

Mrs R

Reaction score
I am having a long hard think about my weight at the minute girls as it's getting me down. Before I got married 7 years ago, I followed the WeightWatchers plan (the old one) and had some good results.
Since I had my babies, I've been trying slimming world but I find I never stick to it for more than 3 weeks as I get bored with it.

I'm a very busy person who does not enjoy cooking, but I do like the big dinners that slimming world allows you! I am usually totally stuck on what to eat at lunchtime though a I tend to eat bread at the minute.

So I was thinking if going back to weightwatchers but I know nothing about the new plan. Can somebody explain it to me and the differences between it and slimming world??

Thanks girls

Stalking as I would like to know about WW. I hate SW and have only ever tried it once, never ever again! Xx

Stalking as I would like to know about WW. I hate SW and have only ever tried it once, never ever again! Xx

I think I've tried it 3 times, and although I lose a lot of weight in the first couple of weeks, I just cannot stick to it!! I hate it too lol:blush:

Anybody know the difference?

No idea on tbe difference but I do weight watchers when I feel that I need to lose weight.
You really have to be 'in the zone' for a weight loss program to work to its full effects

I currently do WW and have done for a few years (on/off). The problem is you have to point everything, which yes, can be very annoying but once you get into the swing of things it becomes easier and the points values stay in your head :lol: there's nothing on WW you can't have. Having the weekly 49pp's are a godsend! I use them everyweek (and sometimes go over them) and have still lost. There's also the Filling & Healthy plan you can do too which is a bit like SW but you don't have to have healthy extra's everyday. There's a list of foods somewhere online that shows what you can have for free but just eat until satisfied, not stuffed. Stuff like bread, crumpets, meat, potatoes are free on F&H. I'll be doing a few F&H days after my weigh in on Friday!

SW is basically an unlimited 'diet' but you have to make sure your plate is filled with 1/3 of super free foods (salad, veg etc). The only things you weigh are your healthy extra's which could be cereals, bread, cheese, milk etc. Everything has to be cooked from scratch but there are a lot of lovely looking SW meals out recently! I'm not a big lover of fruit or veg really (I have to hide it in food :lol:) and neither is my friend but she's recently started it again and lost 4.5lb in 2wks. I've tried it a long time ago but didn't lose much.

I think either are only going to work if you stick at them!
I know people who have lost well on both and I have lost well on ww.
I regained all the weight when pregnant though, and an now doing lighter life, which is only for people who want something more drastic. I am five stone down now though!

Ww I loved because nothing is off menu, if you bite it, write it, easy! Just eat all daily and weekly propoints.

Sw gives nice big portions, but I have trouble limiting carbs so it's not for me, I could easily eat past 'feeling full'. But if you dint have a issue with that, then you get to lose weight in a very filling way!
Good luck whatever you choose. Also consider Rosemary Connelly, you exercise in every class and eat low fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->