Which wrap?

celine

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here in natural parenting :)
This is about baby-wearing - I have scanned thru the carrier review sticky (great btw) and just looking for extra opinions...
OK so my dh is very very pro baby bjorn carrier which we have (its a basic spirit one) but my shoulders are starting to hurt now that lo is gaining some weight so we were looking to buy the next baby bjorn which the extra support for back BUT at a baby show recently i tried on a moby-type wrap and love it :)

dh not so keen but he has only worn the baby like 10 times ever so if he really wanted to he has the bjorn but I wnat a wrap!! Is the moby perhaps too stretchy for lo and would it warp rather quickly?
What do you all suggest?

:wave: hey babes, hows Gabriel doing now :hugs: the Moby wrap is great but as they gain weight it can start to sag after a few hours..i have a Moby and LOVE it but i wear daisy for hours at a time and i;m finding i get a little sag after a while so i'm on the lookout for a woven .... not sure what yet tho, sorry cant help there, hope you find something you love!!! have you considered something more along the lines of a Mei Tai ?? might be more of a compromise and DH might wear it ??? :hugs:

sara

xxxxxx

From what i have read, babybjorn's are really REALLY bad for baby's hip and spine development. If your OH wants a carrier that looks more like a carrier, he should go for a Mei Tai. They are wonderful, we used to use one all the time with our son. When Jack was little we used a Kari me wrap (similar to the moby) because they are stretchy but as he got bigger, a woven wrap was better as it was more supportive.

For me, the stretchy wraps werent supportive enough at 8 months, so if you want a wrap i would definitely go for a woven. the didymos ones are lovely but quite expensive. Etsy.com wll have plenty of nice, affordable mei tai's and wraps and you will be supporting WAHM's :)

I can't recommend a mei tai enough. I love mine! If you want a wrap though, it seems that wovens are the way to go now. I don't know much about them myself so I can't recommend one. I know LoveBunny and JayleighAnn both use woven wraps though, so might be worth asking them :)

I love mei tais too (though I haven't actually tried anything else!), and you can get some with buckles instead of the long ties so your OH might find them a bit more man-friendly? I have a Connecta and love it!

Heey :D !

As your LO is 8 months I DEFFINATLY wouldn't reccomend a moby or stretchy wrap. I think you'll have a harder time with them and would be muuuuuch better off with a woven... Plus their preddy :D ! In my opinion if OH is going to be baby wearing too, i wouldnt go with the wrap types, its too complicated for them :rofl:

If you want something that both you and your OH can wear I would go for a mei tai! as i recon wraps are better suited to just women (not being sexist but i genuinely think men just wouldnt be arsed with all the folding, wrapping and tying...)

ALSO another point to consider, wraps arent really practical for being out and about for lobger than they can go before a feed and if your planning on whipping baby out mid shopping trip etc etc... as you can imagine a 5 meter length of fabric coming on and off in the middle of town is not the best of situations when you have a hungry baby that wants food NOW!! I do love my wraps but sometimes they ARE a pain in the arse.

I never usually spend longer than 2/3 hours out with her in the wrap if im not anywhere where i would just be able to take it on and off if you know what I mean!

SO final points :) if you want a wrap I would deffinatly get a woven one as itll hold the weight of you LO better and wont sag as quickly as a stretchy. If your not bothered about all the tying and wrapping go for it!! :D but if thats something that might scare your OH I would go for a mei tai or a mei tai with buckles like a connecta :D !! xxx

Tx everyone - yeah Love Bunny I have seen the photo's of your wraps and they look awesome :)
Im not really bothered about dh as he never carries lo and then he can use the bjorn but we normally use pushchair but I use the bjorn atm for when we go to friends house and we use pub transport and there isnt too much walking for me,If its going to be 6 hours we would take the pushchair and do some stops but generally I carry him and use pub transport (we live far out so he almost always falls asleep on me) then we get to our destination and lo can play/crawl for 2/3 hours then back in the carrier for home.
Thinks I will be asking to borrow my friends mei tai then to see how it feels :)

I have a moby and love it but my daughter is also very small at 6 1/2 months only weighing a little over 13 pounds. :haha: But I also have a babyhawk and loved it so much that I bought it in a custom fabric for myself and gave DH the other one so he can wear her. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->