white blood cells in urine, bp is fine and no infection?

rhii

Reaction score
Curious if any of you have had a similar experience... last week the doc found protein and white blood cells in my urine and sent it off for a culture even though I wasn't having any symptoms. They said I might have an infection and I'd have to come back in a week to see if urine is clear. They haven't called me, but I'm pretty sure the results they posted on my account mean that the sample was probably just contaminated (less than 10,000 -multiple species found). I see them Thursday and I know they'd call if they were concerned. But just because I had some UTI strips at home I took them ..I did it after showering and took the proper steps every time to make sure it was a clean catch..and both times the leukocytes came up super positive instantly. I'm kind of confused. My bp has been great other than two weeks ago when it was a tiny bit high because my mom called me with bad news right before I went into my appointment. So if I don't have an infection and my bp is fine, is it normal to have the white blood cells showing up?? Thanks ! Of course I'll talk to doc about this all in two days

Discharge! Mine was full of white blood cells because the sample was contaminated by discharge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->