White poop??

AliBiz

Reaction score
Apologies if this is TMI, the past few days my LO poop has been white, and today whiter than before....I'm beginning to worry about this now. She hasn't been vomiting and there is nothing else that would indicate a tummy bug...Am going to bring her to GP when I finish work but has anyone encountered this, or know what it may be??

Is she on any meds by chance? I know of several that can have that side effect.

So can certain GI problems.

The only other cause I'm aware of is liver related (blocked bile ducts). I'm glad you are bringing her in to sort it out because that's nothing to play around with.

I hope she's ok and that you'll update when you sort it out!

Hi thanks for your reply, I am really worried. No she isn't on any meds at all, she is generally very healthy and doesn't even catch colds when me or DH have them. She hasn't had anything new to her diet, but she just will not eat veg so I have been worried about her vitamin intake for a while, but this has been quite sudden...I hope its nothing too serious...

Hope she's ok. Glad your taking her to the docs

If it looks like clay then it's probably a problem with the liver/gallbladder. Bile is made by the liver that breaks down fats, hence why poop comes out brown. When poop is grey like clay, it's usually a blockage in the bile duct. It can pass on its own, but I'd get it checked out anyway.

It can be caused by eating bananas too! My lo used to get it everytime he had a banana.

My lo had it when she had a tummy bug, she was fine otherwise, no temperature, no vomiting but had several white poop a day for a few days that looked like feta cheese (sorry tmi) we put her back on full formula. Gp thought it was undigested milk...

Took abt 5 days then she's back to normal.

Hope ur lo gets better soon :)

Thank you for your advice everyone. I brought her to the doctor, and its a tummy bug, but he said she is dealing well with it so just wait for it to pass. He said if its the same at the end of the week to give him a ring but she actually seems a little better today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->