whitney houston dead

i think the language was uncalled for tho hun.. express ur opinion by all means.. but theres no need to get angry.. every1s entitled to their own point of view :)

Its not trolling its just a matter of opinion some are harsh but its life. If it wasnt drug related that she died i'll apologise but until then i stick with my opinion.

addiction isnt a choice but surely you choose to take it once so are risking addiction in the same way as if you eat shag-loads of salt your risking a heart attack

to me its just common sense

Does this mean that you avoid every single thing that could cause addiction? Painkillers? Would you avoid those if you broke your leg?

No need to get angry - she's basically saying that people who take drugs don't deserve to live?

Whats wrong with people????????

*unsuscribes and leaves computer for a while*

i think the threads gone a little off topic.. i mean it was originally caring about whitney dieing and now its turned into an addiction debate... :shrug:

Painkillers u get prescribed for paid of course u can get addicted to them if u take them on ur own accord. Things like cocaine u take them on ur own accord to get ur jollies. IF ur depressed u go to the doctors or get counselling or whatever if u choose to self medicate then thats ur own problem self inflicted.

No need to get angry - she's basically saying that people who take drugs don't deserve to live?

u need serious help :wacko:

Is anyone else really not particularly bothered???

I get sick of famous people dying (that obviously don't care about themselves enough to want to live a healthy life ) and people giving them so much recognition!!
Yes they are celebrities that have a great achievement, but there just people at the end of the day.

Theres people dying every minute of the day ( babies,children,armed forces), these people actually WANT to live and DESERVE to have a happy life.

Nobody ever comments about these on facebook!

:growlmad:

Sorry but this isn't caring about whitney - or anyone for that matter :nope:

It's asking for an addiction debate, especially the bold bit.

Defintiely off now. Dunno whats happened to humanity.

i dont think she actually said that?! i think u perhaps need to calm down.. every1 has a differance in opinion.. if u cant handle tht maybe u shouldnt continue to comment.. i think ur going slightly ott.. no1s ur enemy here.. we r just expressing our own opinions as we have a right to do so...

Painkillers u get prescribed for paid of course u can get addicted to them if u take them on ur own accord. Things like cocaine u take them on ur own accord to get ur jollies. IF ur depressed u go to the doctors or get counselling or whatever if u choose to self medicate then thats ur own problem self inflicted.

No you can get addicted to painkillers if you must take them for long periods of time, as prescribed by a bleedin' doctor. Its them, or suffer in agony, then people find at the end they have become dependant. Its not about taking them of your own accord :dohh:

If I was a new member and came and read this thread and some of the comments, I would be scared off. People arnt being very nice. I took drugs when I was 18 when something horrific and evil happened to me ,to try and help me "forget"... it lasted 2 weeks before my now hubby rescued me and I havnt touched them since. I was selfish to do drugs and I didn't think about anyone else at the time. I feel sorry for whitneys family but not whitney herself, she had a choice to stop, as I did...and she didnt. So now she's dead.

Is anyone else really not particularly bothered???

I get sick of famous people dying (that obviously don't care about themselves enough to want to live a healthy life ) and people giving them so much recognition!!
Yes they are celebrities that have a great achievement, but there just people at the end of the day.

Theres people dying every minute of the day ( babies,children,armed forces), these people actually WANT to live and DESERVE to have a happy life.

Nobody ever comments about these on facebook!

:growlmad:

Sorry but this isn't caring about whitney - or anyone for that matter :nope:

It's asking for an addiction debate, especially the bold bit.

Defintiely off now. Dunno whats happened to humanity.

it doesnt say tht she doesnt deserve to live though.. it says she didnt care enough about herself to look after herself as she should basically..

i just think something thats been said has perhaps offended you.. but please remember tht if it has.. its still some1s opinion and it wasnt intended to offend

addiction isnt a choice but surely you choose to take it once so are risking addiction in the same way as if you eat shag-loads of salt your risking a heart attack

Does this mean that you avoid every single thing that could cause addiction? Painkillers? Would you avoid those if you broke your leg?

No im not saying id avoid them but what im saying is if you did take an addictive painkiller know that by taking it you may become addicted. If i was given addictive painkillers i would make sure to take as little as pos and come off slowly

I know its addictive so id be careful but it would be needed. When is coke etc ever needed????

No im not saying id avoid them but what im saying is if you did take an addictive painkiller know that by taking it you may become addicted. If i was given addictive painkillers i would make sure to take as little as pos and come off slowly

I know its addictive so id be careful but it would be needed. When is coke etc ever needed????

It may not be right, but people take drugs as an outlet from the demons in their life and can genuinely believe they won't become addicted and some of these people are not strong enough to stop.
I don't think addiction is a black and white issue, especially when there are so many different variables, its unfair to say everyone with an addiction choose their own fate when some may not have been in the right mind to iykwim. With an issue this widespread its difficult to have an opinion that can fit every single situation.:nope:

Right let me retype this in a more simple way things like pain killers if u take them for a long period of time because u NEED it then get addicted thats not on ur own accord of course not. But people take cocaine heroin etc just for the sake of it thats self inflicted. I hope this came across more understandable. Think i may unsub soon sick of explaining myself. Anyway whitney has died its tragic but none of us knew her so i dont see why we should get our panties in a twist about it. If it comes back she died of overdose etc its still a shame or if she just died for whatever other reason still a shame none of us can do anything about it.

Very sad. I overcame overdose and self harm. I suppose you can view self harm as an addiction.

The only reason we know about her death is because she's a celebrity. We may no like the amount of column inches she will get but she was in the public eye and her death will sell papers (as morbid as that sounds).

I think she suffered a lot in her life. I was sexually abused as a child hence why I went a bit crazy. I'm not a bad person for it, someone hurt me so much that I didn't know how to cope. I imagine Whitney felt much the same but had the added pressure of fame on top.

I am sure I read that she drowned?

Either way, she could have done so much. So sad.

Im not saying additcts should die or whatever im just saying people must know there is a risk of becoming addicted/causing harm before doing/taking whatever

Right let me retype this in a more simple way things like pain killers if u take them for a long period of time because u NEED it then get addicted thats not on ur own accord of course not. But people take cocaine heroin etc just for the sake of it thats self inflicted. I hope this came across more understandable. Think i may unsub soon sick of explaining myself. Anyway whitney has died its tragic but none of us knew her so i dont see why we should get our panties in a twist about it. If it comes back she died of overdose etc its still a shame or if she just died for whatever other reason still a shame none of us can do anything about it.

I think people are more het up about the addiction remarks tbf and that certain replies have been incredibly hostile and ill thought out.

does no one get it????

THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD THAT WANT TO LIVE.
HOW COULD SHE WHEN SHE DID THAT TO HER BODY?????

Everyone pretends to love them once they die, Michael Jackson...Amy Winehouse...
Yet when their alive, people don't give a crap about them. Its all the same.

Great talent gone to waste

You obviously have no understanding or empathy for addiction...

Are you so small minded you honestly believe that an addict doesn't want to live.....

Wow........some posts on this thread are just awful. It doesnt matter how or why.
All i feel is sadness for her and her family and OP you are obviously interested enough to have to start a thread about it!!!

RIP whitney x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->