whitney houston dead

Even the dead cannot escape the wrath of bnb.

Like it or not her dead matters because she was one of the best selling and awarded singer ever.

what a horrible thing to say :wacko:

People do die everyday and every one of those are sad, especially when its premature no matter what the circumstances. A loss of life is a loss of life.

I care about her death but i can understand why people don't.

I love her music, and grew up listening to her with my mum so hearing her songs remind me of so many happy times.

What she went through in life is so sad. It just goes to show you that money doesn't buy you happiness. In all fairness, she may have died of a heart attack or something not drug related. My heart goes out to her family, especially her daughter.

Talking about babies and children who have died imo is a little far fetched... Whitney Houston was a wonderful singer who was famous and lived in the pubic eye so will die in the public eye. Death is someone we will all have to deal with at some point in our lives and to be honest, i wouldn't want the death of my partner before my current partner or my daughter to be spashed all over for "recognition of their death"

but how did they get there in the first place?
IMO, if you start getting into something like drugs/drink or whatever, thats the point when you don't care about yourself/family because you've made that step to CHOOSE to put toxins into your body.

OK so by this logic then we should not mourn or have any sympathy for the fallen soldiers in Afghan/Iraq all other wars also. When these men/women join the forces they know that they are going to be fighting wars and ultimatley putting themselves in danger, the same way an addict knows by putting toxins in their body could potentially kill them. Maybe the next time I see a soldier has been killed by an IED I should just think 'Oh well they knew what they were in for when they signed up for the forces, I have no sympathy, they should of got another job'

Your logic makes absolutley no sense whatsoever :wacko:

Is anyone else really not particularly bothered???

I get sick of famous people dying (that obviously don't care about themselves enough to want to live a healthy life ) and people giving them so much recognition!!
Yes they are celebrities that have a great achievement, but there just people at the end of the day.

Theres people dying every minute of the day ( babies,children,armed forces), these people actually WANT to live and DESERVE to have a happy life.

Nobody ever comments about these on facebook!

:growlmad:

I know what you mean. I think every loss of life is sad, whether celebrity or not, but it is very telling of society today that we all stop with shock when a famous person dies, but when starving children, unsung heroes etc die..they barely get a mention. I saw a link on my FB a while ago when Steve Jobs died which went something like this

"When one man dies, millions cry... When millions die, nobody cries" that was in reference to the attention his death got, in comparison to the lack of attention the starving children get.

For me personally, I have had enough of celebrity..the whole thing, following their lives like a mindless sheep. Now I just have to try and stop buying my favourite gossip magazines :haha:

I don't find the OP very compassionate or caring regardless of who has died. Yes people die in the armed forces( My brother is due to go to Afgan in feb 2013) and I am dreading it. Yes sadly babies/children and others die every day which of course are tradegys all deaths are. But Whitney Houston is in the limelight, she brought joy and love to people with her amazing talent. That voice could move so many people and touched so many people so of course people are going to pay tribute to her. Also as she is a in the public eye and her death is well publicised people KNOW that she has died many people die and no one knows only family and friends as their death isn't reported. Any soldier that I know has died I pay tribute to for their bravery and any family member that dies I morn. Yes I may not know whitney Houston personally but her voice was magical and she was a great artist which is why I chose to pay her a tribute on my FB status x

I was and still am upset about Whitney Houston. She was a bit part of my adolescence and growing up, and I always loved her music. Her battle with drugs/alcohol is very sad, but for me it never defined her, the way it did with other celebrities such as Amy Winehouse or George Best. For me, her fame was always about her enormous talent. She had something very special, and she had so much more still to give. I think the world has lost something very special.

Haha I like this place!, certainly no arse licking or tip toeing around people!

I agree with most she taken the drugs in the first place, she made herself addicted.
Comparing it to mental health issues what arne't self inflicted is pathetic. Does someone with anxitey make themselves have panic attacks? no. Does someone who sniffs cocaine daily do it to themselves? yes.... There is no comparison there for me.

I know people take drugs etc to numb emotional pain and things but there is other ways...and I'm not being narrow minded in saying that. Imagine if everyone who was 'depressed' taken drugs?....

I think saying she was depressed is a way out. We don't know if she was or not but everyone assumes it and says that why she dabbled in drugs. For all we know she was having the time of her life on speed!!...

Also can't stand these band wagon jumpers who all of a sudden care about dead celebs....People let Amy Winehouse etc walk around high of her head and didn't batter an eyelid until she died.

The fact that people get upset about celebs baffles me as well.. we don't know them behind closed doors they could be absolute ****s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->