Who are you going to tell?

My close group of Mumy friends know we're going to ttc. It took one of them over a year to get their second so I know I wont get any pressure from them all.

Once pregnant I'll tell them, work and our parents early, but everyone else at 12 weeks. We did the same last time. Everyone guessed I was expecting....but we got the last laugh when I went to tell everyone I was expecting twins!!!:haha::haha::haha::haha:

I've been telling people of importance and close friends. Especially when they out right ask "when are you going to try/have one?" It's affirming to my own neurosis of finally starting the path of parenting and how apprehensive/scared I am to be a good parent and care for a little life.
We still have over a year before we start but it's finally getting people to shut up and leave us alone about it. Except my Dad. Relentlessly on about the possible future. Pointing out pictures saying "you look pregnant". When i'm wearing a bulky sweater. Or giving me ceramic figurines of mother's holding a baby. I love my Dad to bits, and I'm very excited to give him more grand kids and to share my kids with my Dad. Seriously though, Dad :dohh:. I'll get pregnant when I get pregnant. He most certainly will be the first to know- some how probably before I know myself lol.

I'm not interested though in going into detail with people like "we're traveling away to make a baby!" or something. It's more, we're going to try at the end of 30 and see what happens. Make no special occasion out of it, just dive in. I have one friend who's persistent in nagging me to hurry and get started! The clock is ticking and it may be too late for me. I know where her fears stem, it's just a little annoying about her caution to someone like me.

It's important that we mentally prepare our friends (and us) because a lot of them are our HS friends and we're all finally getting married and buying houses. I'm sure our friends will be totally supportive and excited for us, but we want to break it easy to them because they're all so apprehensive themselves in the changes of adult hood. And again, people will finally stop asking us when we're going to try. Though of course next is the "you pregnant yet?" :dohh:

I'm a private person so I wouldn't tell everyone I know just the people I want to know.

One of my close friends kinda knows but no one else. Will tell most people at 12 weeks apart from parents maybe a bit earlier

I won't tell anyone we are TTC. I've told people my timeline plan, like a few friends...girls in my classes because we are all on the same page life-wise. But once we start I'm really kind of a private person about sex and stuff like that, I rarely discuss that even with my closest friends, so I won't tell anyone until we are pregnant. I guess whether I tell work will depend on my MS. If it's bad I might need some help in the classroom if I need to be sick often since I can't just leave the kids and go throw up. I'll probably tell family pretty soon, before the scan if I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing. I'm not great about keeping secrets. I always tell people to not tell me anything unless they preface with "don't tell anyone!" Because I can never really tell if it's a secret.

We've given family and friends a false date so we have a couple of months to try quietly before we get the 'are you pregnant yet?' questions and the not-so-secret glances at you belly and the keeping an eye on what I do or don't eat and drink.
I also hope to keep the secret until 12 weeks, but we'll have to see about that.

We've given family and friends a false date so we have a couple of months to try quietly before we get the 'are you pregnant yet?' questions and the not-so-secret glances at you belly and the keeping an eye on what I do or don't eat and drink.
I also hope to keep the secret until 12 weeks, but we'll have to see about that.

This is what we have done as well, for the exact same reasons!

No one is expecting us to ttc right now. Only because we've always said 5 more years whenever asked. The only person(s) who know we are going to be trying is my sister and because she knows her hubby knows. They are currently ttc with fertility problems. We were hoping to be preggers together but we are holding off a bit so we will either just be getting our bfp when she is at the end or right after my new niece/nephew is born. Other than them, we want to surprise parents and other siblings early and everyone one else wiki prolly wait until the end of the first trimester.

My best friend knows we will be TTC in a few months. When we get our BFP, I probably won't be able to resist telling her right away! I would also need her support regardless of whether the pregnancy sticks or not.

For other people in my life, I would like to wait until 12 - 15 weeks. Unfortunately I work in an extremely crowded environment with a rather, shall we say, echoe-y bathroom. I'm worried that morning sickness might give me away much sooner!

I will also hold off on telling my mum and dad. My parents would be delighted to find out we're TTC, let alone pregnant. They won't know what hit 'em. :coolio:

No one really knows when we will be TTC for sure. We just keep saying that we are hoping to have one on the way by the end of the year.

Aside from DH knowing right away, I will need to tell work as I do one day of heavy lifting, putting our stock order away, which I wouldn't be able to do any more.

Close family would know around 8 weeks or so, and then facebook would know between 12-15 after the first/second scan.

I haven't told anyone about WTT. I do sometimes really want to tell my mum, but I don't know how she would take it. She would love to be a grandmother, but I think I am going to need IVF and my mum disagrees with IVF as it is 'unnatural' - we have discussed that her taking antihypertensives and other medications is also technically unnatural and she did agree with me on that!

I don't know how I'll be when I actually start TTC. I am probably going to need a lot of help practically at home. I'm planning on going to Denmark, and initially thought it would involve a few overnight stays. Having read around it a bit, I could be there for a few days. I have a number of animals at home. Whilst I could leave them one night and they would be fine, anymore and someone would need to come and see to them for me. I could send my dogs to hers and just say I was going out/work/something but there are all the others which would need seeing to.

Plus, if I did get a BFP, I plan to wait until the 12 week scan before telling anyone. I found out my best friend was pregnant at about 4 weeks and she didn't want to tell anyone until 12 weeks. I was begging her the day after I found out to be allowed to tell my mum. I was so excited for her I just couldn't keep it to myself!

Work would be a problem, too. I would need to tell them as early as possible and they would find out anyway when I was referred for my booking appointment and scan. But I wouldn't really want my colleagues finding out before my family.

I don't think we would tell anyone, although we would probably need someone to look after our son while we had the treatment. I hope we would be able to keep it secret until 12 weeks, with George we had a scan at 7 weeks and told everyone as we couldn't wait! I had hyperemesis anyway so I had to tell work because I wasn't able to go in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->