Who are you having at your homebirth?

fuffyburra

Hattie Flower's mummy :)
Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I was thinking about it the other day, and I always wanted just OH and me. Then I thought, what if someone wants food? Or tea? Or someone needs something? I don't think I'll want OH to leave my side AT ALL (yes, I'm a massive :baby: lol), but he's gonna get hungry, and obviously I can't order the midwife to make him some food :haha: etc. etc. the list of possibilities goes on...

So I was thinking it would be nice to have someone else there, just to do all the silly unimportant things that still need doing. But I don't want my mum/sister there or anyone like that :shrug:

Maybe I'm just being overly organised and I won't actually NEED anyone else there, but it's just something that crossed my mind. What's everyone else got planned?

x x

i cant imagine having anyone else there except my oh i wouldnt feel comfortable personally not even my mum

Planning on OH and my Mom being there. Think it'll allow OH to concentrate on supporting me and Mom will be doing drinks and chatting to the midwives. That's the plan anyway!

I wouldn't say I'm uncomfortable... I don't mind who sees me nekked or anything lol, but I would personally prefer it to be just OH and myself.

I certainly don't want my mum there, or any of my friends or sisters, but I feel like I'll want SOMEONE there to just run around and do jobs, etc. I thought about a doula, but it's a lot of money for someone I only expect to make the occasional sandwich :haha:

Just the midwives and my OH :)

Kids will hopefully be either in bed or with my Mum at hers! x

midwives, doula, and husband.

maybe, maybe my sister - depends on how i'm feeling

Oh and mum. And Imogen if it's day time and she's not at nursery. X

DH and a doula. I expect Alice will be in the house at least at first, but I'm going to play it by ear as to what we do with her. Depends on when it happens too - she might sleep through it all! DH struggled last time, so I think it will do him good to be able to go and makes food, see to Alice etc. and get a break. He might even take a nap! That's one of the major reasons I'm so keen to birth at home. I'll then have the doula around for support.

DH and hopefully the kids upstairs in bed, there will be somone on call to come pick them up in the daytime if needed but there is honestly no place for someone else to be in our house that wouldnt get in my way and I need to be able to get " in my zone " so not planning on having anyone else around

Just my OH, while in the early stages I plan to pass the time making up sandwiches, cakes etc so the midwives can help themselves!!

Honestly, they will be used to it!

Me, my husband, Isla and the midwives. I am thinking about asking my SIL to come round to play with Isla if it is a daytime birth, but TBH, with Isla's birth, it was all over so quickly that the midwives and doula only just made it in time so am hoping for the same this time and we can keep the party to my inner circle only!

At mine I had my mom, dad, DH's mom and dad, MW, assistant and DH's aunt while I labored. At the actual birth it was just my mom, MW, assistant and DH.

My Mum is staying with us to look after my little boy (if it is daytime - or if I get transferred), but I think it will be just me, my husband and the midwives at the birth (planned to be in our bedroom).

But she will of course get to come in right after the birth for new baby cuddles.

I think I would be worried about how she was coping if she was actually there, I know she will worry about me even though I'll be coping just fine if it is anything like last time. I'm doing hypnobirthing, so the least distraction possible will be good too. I don't need to be worrying about anyone else's emotional reactions, just my own!

Early labour if different though, I'll probably just pootle about the flat, with whoever is around. I only expect to go and hide once things get more advanced.

It will be me, Oh, kyle and the midwifes If kyle is awake and getting distressed will get someone to come and watch him.. But im sure if he is awake a bob the builder Dvd will keep him occupied lol providing we are in the new house I will have the birthpool in the kitchen so Kyle can have the whole livingroom with his toys/tv etc

With DD the plan was OH and MIL and the 2 midwives. My mum and dad turned up as well, and there was a third midwife there cos of shift chnage. We made sure that there was coffee, tea and biscuits easliy accessable for people to make thier own.

Thanks guys, this is really helpful! :thumbup: I think I'll do what taperjeangirl suggested and make some sandwiches while I'm pottering about the flat, then when things get going, I'll be all prepared! :D

I'm having my grandmother and my aunt. My mom lives too far to make it, but I need them all for support! I know I am going to need them to tell me I CAN do it. Plus, I know they will cook and whatever else we need. I'm hoping to arrange my pantry about a week ahead of time with quick snacks and have some quick easy meals either made up or on hand to make up for whenever we need them.

I had my mum and my husband, as well as the three midwives I ended up with (one of them was a student - my lounge ended up being pretty crowded!). The midwives didn't get any sandwiches, but my husband sorted them out with biscuits and tea in the intervals between my contractions, and he monitored my birth pool's temperature. I think he was quite grateful for things to do as well as hold my hand, made him feel a bit more useful.
So I wouldn't worry too much, because there is time to sort out the midwives without needing extra people there.

Hi

My Dad was at our house during the day working with hubby while I was in labour, then when it was time for hubby to come in and be with me my Dad stayed (DH had asked if it was ok as he was anxious until the midwives got to us bless him) but once the midwives got to us he went upstairs and watched tv in our room. He stayed also because we have 2 older children and he thought if one of them needed settling for any reason he could go and do it for them (they didn't, the midwives were only with us 90 minutes before DD2 was born).

DH and my Dad came in at 5.30pm and they'd been working all day so after they'd had a shower I ordered them both a take-away which my Dad took upstairs and hubby ate whilst I was labouring next to him (I told him to, I was fine).

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->