Who are you having at your homebirth?

The reason I ask is that I was thinking about it the other day, and I always wanted just OH and me. Then I thought, what if someone wants food? Or tea? Or someone needs something? I don't think I'll want OH to leave my side AT ALL (yes, I'm a massive :baby: lol), but he's gonna get hungry, and obviously I can't order the midwife to make him some food :haha: etc. etc. the list of possibilities goes on...

So I was thinking it would be nice to have someone else there, just to do all the silly unimportant things that still need doing. But I don't want my mum/sister there or anyone like that :shrug:

Maybe I'm just being overly organised and I won't actually NEED anyone else there, but it's just something that crossed my mind. What's everyone else got planned?

x x

This is one of the reasons (besides the research based evidence on continuous support from doulas) that families have a doula. Yes she can help you with your preparation, breathing techniques etc etc but she can also do the practical stuff that takes partners away from the labouring woman - toilet, food, topping up and emptying pools, fetching drinks for you etc etc. the research shows men find having a doula means they feel more involved and less like a spare part or errand boy! It also means they never leave yours AND baby's side once they are born as again the doula does all the stuff he would need to do like the pool, towels running baths, making fresh food and drinks etc....those sandwiches can get a bit curly after a long labour! :lol:

I'm hoping to have a homebirth and me, OH and our kitten Milo have recently moved in with my mum, teenage sister and 7 year old brother so its going to be a busy household with 2 midwifes as well! I don't think i'll mind them all being there as long as the family keep away from the business end and let me get into the zone :rofl: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->