who are you telling before you "should" ?

Exactly! Trust and respect are earned, and with as crazy and dishonest as she's been, she's just not close to that point with me yet. She's confronted me about the fact that I call her by her first name and don't call her "mom" ... I may have told her she's not my mom. :rofl: She now makes it a point to sign cards, notes, etc. as "mom."

She's made me so grateful for my actual mother! :lol:

Mom, seriously. That takes the biscuit. Yes, I appreciate my own family so much more. Makes me realise just how absolutely lovely they are.

We told both our immediate families tonight, except for my brother who lives on the other side of the country, I'll call him tomorrow. And we're telling a couple of our best friends. We don't want a tonne of people to know, but want to have those we're closest with to share the experience with.

Now we've had a scan and saw a heartbeat we have told a couple of friends, my in-laws, my parents, and my Grandparents. My Nan took it upon herself to tell my Uncle & Aunty, which I was not best pleased about though. The people we told are incredibly close to us so I would be happy to discuss if this resulted in MC.

We will tell everyone else after the 12 week scan.
xxx

I told my MIL the day i found out wooops (but we are pretty close). We haven't told anyone else yet but every day i am dying to tell people!! We are overseas atm so probably when we get home in a week i will tell my siblings and mum etc

So far we've only told one of my sisters, but only because I've been using her to bounce tests/issues off of. (That and she knows we've been trying for a while, so she would keep asking if I just didn't tell her) Beyond that we're waiting.
We had our first early scan yesterday, but while the doc told me there was nothing to worry about, she had a hard time finding anything. Well she basically had a hard time finding my uterus. So she's sending me out for a private scan. Once we get that back and all is ok, we may tell my parents and DH's parents. We'll also probably tell my other sister, since she's also pregnant, but beyond that we'll probably wait until 12 weeks.
The other issue is my dad is also my boss, so the sooner I tell him the better! He gets very curious when I keep having to leaving for drs appointments.

I wonder if he suspects?

I just got off the phone with telling my boss, he said he suspected. I've missed a couple days of work and normally I just in and tough it out but obviously can't do that now. So I had to tell him. I feel better because now I feel less guilty missing work, now that he knows why. I know I shouldn't have felt guilty but I couldn't help it.

Oh I'm sure he does. I know my mom does (she's already tried to get it out of my sister). When I told him this morning that I had to go for a test early morning later this week, he didn't even ask why. Normally he plays 20 questions whenever I say I have a drs appointment.
I know that guilt feeling! I try to tough it out as much as I can, I always feel so guilty when I have to call out. I know maternity leave is going to be rough...

Well I told my best friend two days ago and I am so pissed off with her.... She was not happy, she actually got off the phone sounded like she was crying. I could understand if she was TTC or something but she is 22 weeks herself, she is such a knob, she is one of those people if she had a million in the bank and you won £50 she would be jelious......

That's awful! Is it possible that there's something going on with her pregnancy that she hasn't told you about?

I think it will be like that when I tell my cousin, she has actually told me she doesn't want me to get pregnant until after she gets married, so I can drink with her at her stagette and wedding..... But she's not even engaged! So I'm obviously not telling her until 12 weeks. I think she'll be fine once she gets used to the idea. When I got engaged I know she was jealous at first, but then she was just happy to be a bridesmaid. Hopefully this is like that too.

That's awful! Is it possible that there's something going on with her pregnancy that she hasn't told you about?

I don't think so Dill, she is just constantly running a competition with me, that I don't take part in might I add, always saying that everything I have is better or " yeah well you are lucky.."

I don't get it, I have had a stillborn son, another with autism and a husband with a chronic disease, I am the last person she should act like this to... I just don't get it! :(

I think it will be like that when I tell my cousin, she has actually told me she doesn't want me to get pregnant until after she gets married, so I can drink with her at her stagette and wedding..... But she's not even engaged! So I'm obviously not telling her until 12 weeks. I think she'll be fine once she gets used to the idea. When I got engaged I know she was jealous at first, but then she was just happy to be a bridesmaid. Hopefully this is like that too.

:(

I don't think so Dill, she is just constantly running a competition with me, that I don't take part in might I add, always saying that everything I have is better or " yeah well you are lucky.."

I don't get it, I have had a stillborn son, another with autism and a husband with a chronic disease, I am the last person she should act like this to... I just don't get it! :(

Sounds like you need a new best friend. I would cut a toxic person like that from my life! I actually did a couple of years ago... my best friend got CRAZY when I got a serious boyfriend after my divorce.

Sounds like you need a new best friend. I would cut a toxic person like that from my life! I actually did a couple of years ago... my best friend got CRAZY when I got a serious boyfriend after my divorce.

Agreed. You don't need friends like that.

I agree myself, its just very difficult, and long winded. :(

We told my parents almost immediately, and while I got the 'your crazy' because my LO was 10months at the time of my BFP, but they are excited. My mom is already talking about having both of the babies over and spending time with them. They are terrific grandparents to my LO, they even kept her overnight last night as my MS hit full force out of nowhere and I could barely leave the toilet or my handy puke bowl.

Both of my BFF and my hubbys cousin know, as they follow the same cloth diaper pages on Facebook as I am on, and I started buying newborn diapers. They are all excited and have started saving their baby cloths for me, so if new baby is a little gal, I'm set :)

We also told SIL when we went to her house so she could see Sky. She asked when we would have another baby (DH is the youngest of his siblings and the only one with a child) when I said October she thought we ment we would be trying then. I corrected her and said I was due in October, she said 'well thanks for telling me' in a bitchy/sarcastic tone. I was only 6 weeks along, I don't know what she expects. She's a bit of a snob sometimes, and trys very hard to control DH when it comes to MIL and BIL.

MIL doesn't know, she hasn't had the need to call and DH and ask for money recently, so we haven't herd from her, and trying to get DH to go see her is like pulling teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->