who are you telling before you "should" ?

Jessicahide

Reaction score
I have told my brother and my best school mum friend ..... I want to keep this baby for just us for as long as we can get away with it, my mother is drama... Who have you told early??

I have told OH, of course! My best friend who is 39 weeks and my boss as she has to do risk assessments. Dying to tell everyone though!

Its difficult isn't it... I am on the fence though I just don't want my mother to start all her crap because all eyes won't be on her for 30 seconds.... But I am nearly bursting when I go up to school, so many people I want to tell..

I'm doing really well this time around! My mom knows (I had to tell her -- she told me I was pregnant before I even knew), and so does my sister (I was using her as a 2nd opinion on my pee sticks). And, since they talked, my dad and brother-in-law know. But it hasn't gone beyond that, and won't!

We just told everyone. We couldn't hold it in after waiting 5.5years.
We thought what will be will be regardless if we tell people or not.

Oh good for you xxx congratulations on your much awaited little one, I don't blame you for wanting to tell everyone xx so sweet!

Im terrible we told our families when we found out and my best friend. But I keep letting it slip with other not so close friends, they will be talking and I may say something like oh I hope that doesn't happen this time and they are ooo are you pregnant and then I just can't lie!! I guess they would all know if something went wrong but still I need to keep my mouth shut!

I think its safe to say you have done it now so might as well just tell everyone you want xxx haaa xx I was rumbled last time and ended up just announcing the pregnancy on Facebook, it was not such an crazy place back then though ...

I have a coworker who DEFINITELY suspects... she was reading off Friday's sales at our favorite store, and she said, "Oh, DIAPERS are included in the sale...!" and gave me THE LOOK.

I have a coworker who DEFINITELY suspects... she was reading off Friday's sales at our favorite store, and she said, "Oh, DIAPERS are included in the sale...!" and gave me THE LOOK.

:laugh2: Anything in particular that could have tipped her off?

The only bad thing I did was tell my mom before DH (he would be very upset if he knew). As the pregnancy was very much unexpected and at one of the worst possible times, I was absolutely terrified to tell DH (knew he wouldn't react well). Life was already stressful without adding this on top. So I sent her an email with a positive test asking her to call me. I started crying as soon as I picked up :haha: I needed someone in my corner before I told DH. Normally I would never do that to him, but I did what I had to do to help me get through it.

Turns out it was for nothing as he ranted and raved (with loads of profanity) for about half an hour and then accepted it and was even happy about it. So we "told" her a few days later. I never knew my mom to act so well :haha:

I took a nap in her office yesterday over my lunch break. She keeps a standing offer for anyone in need of naptime, so it shouldn't have been that big of a tip off. ...though she was at my desk last night, wonder if she peeked at my browser history? Uh oh.

I told a girl in my mommy group very early... and my BFF. And now we're telling the whole family before 2nd tri because my twinny bump is already showing!!! :S

I'm telling everyone I run into... it's impossible to conceal my twins bump now. MIL knew before I told her and I was wearing a long sweater with a coat over it!

We haven't told anyone before we "should"! We've managed to hold off. We told both sets of parents a couple of days ago and it feel so much more real now. I almost miss the days when it was this big, magical secret between OH and me! :blush:

We haven't told anyone before we "should"! We've managed to hold off. We told both sets of parents a couple of days ago and it feel so much more real now. I almost miss the days when it was this big, magical secret between OH and me! :blush:

I am not looking forward to telling my MIL. :dohh:

I am not looking forward to telling my MIL. :dohh:

Why not?

She is a huge drama queen and doesn't understand personal boundaries at all. She is going to make this all about her in every possible way, she will tell everyone she can and make every effort to make sure she gets the news to people before we do. She was positively awful with my SIL's last pregnancy (and birth) and I am terrified of her behavior when she finds out that it's my turn. :cry:

Oh, I understand that type, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I'd keep the news to myself until I was obviously showing in that case.

I basically plan on telling her right before I hit the "post" button on our public announcement. I know that will cause drama in and of itself, but it's preferable to the alternative.

I think she may be worse with my pregnancy than she was with my SIL's because this will be her only son's/firstborn's firstborn. Hubby is 32 and she still refuses to cut the apron strings. She was an absolute monster when it came to our wedding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->