who can go MOST overdue?!

I'm 5 days overdue, but like the others really don't mind not winning!!!

Toooo uncomfortable now!!! :shrug:

well, Im nearly one day overdue now!! baby is back to back though so was warned he may make a late appearance, got a sweep booked in for tuesday so fingers crossed that works, my dad is over from cyprus on wednesday for 3 weeks so wanted him to have as much time with him as possible and oh has put 2 weeks holiday in (better money than paternity pay) so it needs to be soon!!! xx

I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I'm a week overdue today, had an unsuccessful stretch and sweep at two days over. Had a scan at 40+4 and baby was happy and healthy. Another round of monitoring at the hospital tomorrow. They think she's 9 lbs!! oh my...

We've planned a natural birth at a birthing centre, so trying not to stress that I'll got 42+ and they'll want to induce me :(

Physically I'm feeling fine, just more tired, and not wanting to leave the house. Mentally I've had enough, quite teary and cumbersome, and trying not to worry that something will go wrong!

I am still here!! Day 2 of being overdue! Had loads of pains last night and a really sore back and I wondered whether things were starting, woke up this mo and ... nothing!!! Am hoping my mw can make it here today for a 2nd sweep rather than tomo. I am pretty sure I am close to things starting just need a helping hand!!!
xxx

My first was 5 weeks early and number 2 was due today.....no date set for induction eyt so who knows when moglet will come...see MW tomorrow so be interesting to see what happens next, quite like the idea that nature will trigger labour when its the right time...?

I like that thought too moggy, just not sure my body's got it in it as it's never happened before :(

Ive got an induction booked for 4th August. So theyre letting me go 14 days over. If I had the stamina, Id let nature takes its course, but I just dont think I can handle it. I think Ill be fine getting to 14 days...but oh my...it can get frustrating!

Wow Mel, 2 days to go then, which I suppose in theory is lots of time for things to get moving of their own accord!

I'm 3 days overdue ... really hoping that I won't go to 14 days like my mother and MIL did!!!

I totally agree that it's better than being early, but of course it does get old after a while. I've been sick and tired through almost the whole pregnancy and I'm really ready for this to be over now. I don't have the energy to go out any more and am really struggling to get anything done, moving is hard and I am so tired -- but enough complaining ;)

I really hope I don't win this one! Midwife estimates that the baby is already about 4 kilos!

People are already asking me about induction but I have no idea how that works here. Holland is very 'hands off' if bubs and mum are healthy so it has certainly not been mentioned yet. As long as I stay well, I'll be able to have my baby at home up to 42 weeks. In the meantime I see the midwife every few days (twice a week I think) to have my BP checked and make sure the baby is still doing well.

My MIL is coming to help me during the birth and she calls every day to see if anything's happening yet, bless her - like we would forget to let her know :haha:

Adela, when do they consider to be "overdue" in Holland then?

Im 11 days too.. same as mel both booked in on the 4th x

Ooh Sara, 2 more days for you as well!!

What a nightmare for us all huh??? I really hope we all go soon, its like a 2 week waiting thread, luckily I am counting down for the next 11 days! However would be nice to go before then!!
xxx

11 days seems not too bad I guess, a manageable amount!!

well, Im nearly one day overdue now!! baby is back to back though so was warned he may make a late appearance, got a sweep booked in for tuesday so fingers crossed that works, my dad is over from cyprus on wednesday for 3 weeks so wanted him to have as much time with him as possible and oh has put 2 weeks holiday in (better money than paternity pay) so it needs to be soon!!! xx

Emma, hope things get moving so your dad gets to spend more time with LO! Can your OH adjust his holiday if things don't get moving soon?

I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I'm a week overdue today, had an unsuccessful stretch and sweep at two days over. Had a scan at 40+4 and baby was happy and healthy. Another round of monitoring at the hospital tomorrow. They think she's 9 lbs!! oh my...

We've planned a natural birth at a birthing centre, so trying not to stress that I'll got 42+ and they'll want to induce me :(

Physically I'm feeling fine, just more tired, and not wanting to leave the house. Mentally I've had enough, quite teary and cumbersome, and trying not to worry that something will go wrong!

Orchid, hopefully you'll get to the birthing centre! I'm the same want to use the midwife led unit, they'll still let yuou go if you're induced with 2 pessaries or less and don't need your waters broken, so still hope :)

I am still here!! Day 2 of being overdue! Had loads of pains last night and a really sore back and I wondered whether things were starting, woke up this mo and ... nothing!!! Am hoping my mw can make it here today for a 2nd sweep rather than tomo. I am pretty sure I am close to things starting just need a helping hand!!!
xxx

Cat lady, FX for sweep!! I on the other hand think my body is totally not ready yet - cervix still SO HIGH!!

Ladies can I just congratulate us all on the positive attitude we've got going here!! That's exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread, as I think it's so easy to get down about being overdue (or at least I found that last time...) not that it's a contest we WANT to win!!

:dust:Ive been having pains since Thursday off and on with really bad back ache.
Went for a walk round Donnington market yesterday and ate a full pineapple, and :sex: to try get things moving!!! had loose sorry tmi!! and lots of pain, went to bed and it seemed to ease off, got up this morning to few pains so hope today is the day!!:happydance:

glad to see all your positivity!! hope you all have wonderful labours sooner rather than later! xxxxx

:dust:Ive been having pains since Thursday off and on with really bad back ache.
Went for a walk round Donnington market yesterday and ate a full pineapple, and :sex: to try get things moving!!! had loose sorry tmi!! and lots of pain, went to bed and it seemed to ease off, got up this morning to few pains so hope today is the day!!:happydance:

OOh sounds promising!

LOL love this thread hun :thumbup: I will prob be joining the overdue gang come Saturday xx

Day 12 and still here :thumbup:

Im starting to panic now. Not about induction. Not about the fact Im now rediculously overdue lol. But the fact I have 2 days until I become a mum :shock: Sara....getting close now :D

Hope all you overdue mummys are feeling fab today. Not long. At least we all know when the final day will be! x

We have the 9th of Aug to look forward to.
Induced date!

Oh poo!!! Looks like my mw cant make it to me today so I will have to wait until tomo! Might clean the fishtank instead! My dh has just finished a nightshift so I need to be as quiet as poss, although I am not good at quiet!!!
xxx

Due yesterday! I'll be induced as and when suggested by the docs though, as far as I understand it going past 42 wks is a bad idea.

im 5 days overdue i want to go intoo labour naturally

I'm 3 days overdue ... really hoping that I won't go to 14 days like my mother and MIL did!!!

I totally agree that it's better than being early, but of course it does get old after a while. I've been sick and tired through almost the whole pregnancy and I'm really ready for this to be over now. I don't have the energy to go out any more and am really struggling to get anything done, moving is hard and I am so tired -- but enough complaining ;)

I really hope I don't win this one! Midwife estimates that the baby is already about 4 kilos!

People are already asking me about induction but I have no idea how that works here. Holland is very 'hands off' if bubs and mum are healthy so it has certainly not been mentioned yet. As long as I stay well, I'll be able to have my baby at home up to 42 weeks. In the meantime I see the midwife every few days (twice a week I think) to have my BP checked and make sure the baby is still doing well.

My MIL is coming to help me during the birth and she calls every day to see if anything's happening yet, bless her - like we would forget to let her know :haha:

Adela, when do they consider to be "overdue" in Holland then?

Well 40 weeks gestation is still the EDD so anything after that is overdue - but any time between 37 and 42 weeks is 'normal' and you can give birth at home (assuming of course that there are no other problems). Things are very relaxed here so I guess we will just keep waiting and see what happens. Of course I could ask the midwife at my appointment today, but you don't really 'book' things here (eg I can choose to go to hospital to give birth, but the midwife will not organise that until I am already in established labour) so it won't give me much information. There won't be any intervention unless there is a medical reason.

Hi girls i am 40+3 and i keep havin really painful bh and pressure down below but still nothing, i got mw wed so i dunno if she will book me in to be induced as i dont wanna hang about too long as i got 3 otherk ids who are driving me mad and i aint got the energy lol

I hope everybody gets their induction dates soon. I found as soon as I had my date I could relax abit as then I had a final date if you know what I mean?
So finished cleaning the fish tank maybe I will start with the kitchen cupboards!! I am trying to keep busy, I am almost finding this part worse than waiting for my due date!
xxx

I hope everybody gets their induction dates soon. I found as soon as I had my date I could relax abit as then I had a final date if you know what I mean?
So finished cleaning the fish tank maybe I will start with the kitchen cupboards!! I am trying to keep busy, I am almost finding this part worse than waiting for my due date!
xxx

me too - the finding it worse bit, not the cleaning the fish tank!
I have hoovered, cooked and mopped this morning so far. Woke up to the news a friend who isn't due for another few weeks had her baby in the early hours of the morning, that didn't help my mood (although v. pleased for her obviously - despite the queue jumping! :haha:)

Due today but nothing... Saw the midwife who'll give me a sweep a week today (so 41+0) and then will be induced a week on Saturday (so at 41+5 - 12 days over). Really want to go naturally though - don't want to use drugs... Just a waiting game now I guess.

xx

well, I am 1 day overdue today and,nothing happening. I have my induction date already it is Friday 13th Aug!!! This date was penciled in for me when I had my blood test at my 12wk scan!!!! I have resigned myself to going overdue as, i was 3wks late being born!!! So, at the most for me another 11 days to go. Feeling fairly good at the mo considering the amount of decorating and constant tidying up of the house that I am doing, talk about staying active!!! I plan on washing my downstairs net curtains tomorrow and then wash the windows(did upstairs last week) and, do some ironing might make some banana bread too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->