who can go MOST overdue?!

I hope everybody gets their induction dates soon. I found as soon as I had my date I could relax abit as then I had a final date if you know what I mean?
So finished cleaning the fish tank maybe I will start with the kitchen cupboards!! I am trying to keep busy, I am almost finding this part worse than waiting for my due date!
xxx

me too - the finding it worse bit, not the cleaning the fish tank!
I have hoovered, cooked and mopped this morning so far. Woke up to the news a friend who isn't due for another few weeks had her baby in the early hours of the morning, that didn't help my mood (although v. pleased for her obviously - despite the queue jumping! :haha:)

Hmmm, know what you mean about the queue jumping, there is only so much happiness you can throw at a situation like that!!! I feel your frustration hun!

Well I have a sparkling clean fishtank, have cleaned all the kitchen cupboards. I cant believe how much out of date crap I had in them and have defleaed all the cats and the dog and put fresh bedding in the spare room. And swept the lounge and kitchen floors.

Tomorrow I think we will start repainting the hallways and I will finish glossing the border things (Forgotten what they are actually called!)
xxx

Day 12 and still here :thumbup:

Im starting to panic now. Not about induction. Not about the fact Im now rediculously overdue lol. But the fact I have 2 days until I become a mum :shock: Sara....getting close now :D

Hope all you overdue mummys are feeling fab today. Not long. At least we all know when the final day will be! x

Wow, that's when I was induced last time, can't imagine it being longer than that!

im 5 days overdue i want to go intoo labour naturally

I'm so with you! I really want to know if my body can do it after being induced last time... I'm just not sure I'm brave enough to wave goodbye to my induction date and wait it out! I have MW on Wed though, so plan to discuss it with her then!

Well 40 weeks gestation is still the EDD so anything after that is overdue - but any time between 37 and 42 weeks is 'normal' and you can give birth at home (assuming of course that there are no other problems). Things are very relaxed here so I guess we will just keep waiting and see what happens. Of course I could ask the midwife at my appointment today, but you don't really 'book' things here (eg I can choose to go to hospital to give birth, but the midwife will not organise that until I am already in established labour) so it won't give me much information. There won't be any intervention unless there is a medical reason.

Sounds like a good attitude towards it all - but I'm not sure I'd deal well with it - I think at this stage of the game it's nice to have some definites!

well, I am 1 day overdue today and,nothing happening. I have my induction date already it is Friday 13th Aug!!! This date was penciled in for me when I had my blood test at my 12wk scan!!!! I have resigned myself to going overdue as, i was 3wks late being born!!! So, at the most for me another 11 days to go. Feeling fairly good at the mo considering the amount of decorating and constant tidying up of the house that I am doing, talk about staying active!!! I plan on washing my downstairs net curtains tomorrow and then wash the windows(did upstairs last week) and, do some ironing might make some banana bread too.

Shmoo, banana bread sounds good! I have a cookie recipe I want to try out :) Maybe after yoga tonight!

Hmmm, know what you mean about the queue jumping, there is only so much happiness you can throw at a situation like that!!! I feel your frustration hun!

Well I have a sparkling clean fishtank, have cleaned all the kitchen cupboards. I cant believe how much out of date crap I had in them and have defleaed all the cats and the dog and put fresh bedding in the spare room. And swept the lounge and kitchen floors.

Tomorrow I think we will start repainting the hallways and I will finish glossing the border things (Forgotten what they are actually called!)
xxx

A touch of the old 'nesting' there by any chance?! I also have a friend who had baby yesterday, but 6 weeks early, so not really envious of that...

Well we've been swimming, and out for lunch and DD now sleeping, I'm about to follow suit!

Day 3 of being overdue, I had more sharp pains in my lower abdomen last night and then...they faded away again! Good luck to all those being induced today, hope all goes well!
So its redecorating this morning, and then sweep mid afternoon and then drive to the beach for a walk! What is everybody else planning on doing??
xxx

My fifth baby was 17 days overdue cos I so desperately wanted a homebirth. I gave in in the end and was induced - she was born in 26 minutes. Afterwards I wished I hadn't been so stubborn and had got induced earlier hahaha!!!! It's my due date today and absolutely no sign whatsoever of baby arriving lol!

Day 3 for me. Started losing my plug last night (looked like big blobs of snot) and then this morning it was brown so hoping this is a good sign. Feeling very crampy so a bit uncomfy and miserable but hoping its a sign things are moving in the right direction at least. I'm going to do a little more cleaning today and some decorating with my sister. Should help pass the day! Good luck to those into double figures. xx

Day 3 for me. Started losing my plug last night (looked like big blobs of snot) and then this morning it was brown so hoping this is a good sign. Feeling very crampy so a bit uncomfy and miserable but hoping its a sign things are moving in the right direction at least. I'm going to do a little more cleaning today and some decorating with my sister. Should help pass the day! Good luck to those into double figures. xx

Excellent sign hun!!!! Oh I hope things are moving for you!!! Seems to be busy days for us overdue ladies in the hope it will kick things off!

Isnt Mel being induced today? I hope all goes well. Sara tomo?
xxx

Oh I thought they were both 4 Aug?! May be wrong! Good luck Mel if it is today!!

Well I think I lost some of my plug yesterday evening too Emma, but nothing since... gotta get bouncing on my ball again instead of semi recumbant on sofa - but it's so much easier to use laptop like this!

Im off to Busyfeet - toddler dance/exercise class this morning, maybe that will persuade Moglet to come join his big brother! Saw MW yesterday, shes off to Zante for fortnight! No discussion of induction etc as she thinks he will be here before appt next monday, watch this space I guess - anything to avoid it ending up in a section though!

Day 6 for me!! Got my 1st sweep this morning so quite nervous about it. Still loosing lots of clear slimey stuff since my show on Saturday morning. What do you reckon the chances of a sweep kicking things off today are??? :shrug:

Day 6 for me!! Got my 1st sweep this morning so quite nervous about it. Still loosing lots of clear slimey stuff since my show on Saturday morning. What do you reckon the chances of a sweep kicking things off today are??? :shrug:

Depends what your cervix is doing hun. I reckon with you having lost/losing your plug there is a good chance of something good happening! One thing I would advise, if you are not already, wear a pad! You will lose more plug and blood as well, lasted about 2 days with me.
I have my 2nd sweep today and I am just praying with the all aches and pains it will get something going! But we will all see! Good luck to you for yours hun!
xxx

Depends what your cervix is doing hun. I reckon with you having lost/losing your plug there is a good chance of something good happening! One thing I would advise, if you are not already, wear a pad! You will lose more plug and blood as well, lasted about 2 days with me.
I have my 2nd sweep today and I am just praying with the all aches and pains it will get something going! But we will all see! Good luck to you for yours hun!
xxx

Thanks hun, I have been wearing a liner, was actually wondering about hether to wear a pad or just a liner? I'm sooo scared!!!

Good luck to you for later, hope it kicks things off for you xx

xxx

Thanks hun, I have been wearing a liner, was actually wondering about hether to wear a pad or just a liner? I'm sooo scared!!!

I wore a sanitary towel for 'normal' use rather than a MAHUSSIVE maternity pad and a liner defo wont be enough.
Dont be scared hun, they really are not that bad, quite uncomfortable, not pleasant but you wont be rolling around in pain!! Just take a couple of deep breaths and concentrate on something else. Will you be at home? I will be at home and last time one of my cats decided to sit on my head just as I was having it done!!! Was quite amusing even if it was completely the wrong moment!
xxx

Ive got a sweep this morning as mw on holiday for fortnight and i didnt want anyone else doing it, bit nervous but really hoping something happens!
lost som of my plug sun/yesterday and having few pains but just dont seem to build up to anything x

Good luck Emmadasiy, heres hoping it works for us all and within 72 hours we are all holding our bubbas!!
xxx

this thread its great good look to all you lovely overdue mummys.:happydance::happydance:

Well...Day 13! Im so used to being pregnant now its silly lol.

Got my induction tomorrow! Today is a day to sort everything out. :) Had to go into hospital yesterday for monitoring as babys heart rate dropped a fair amount, but everything is fine now :thumbup: I think baby wants to come out now, bless her.

xxx

I wore a sanitary towel for 'normal' use rather than a MAHUSSIVE maternity pad and a liner defo wont be enough.
Dont be scared hun, they really are not that bad, quite uncomfortable, not pleasant but you wont be rolling around in pain!! Just take a couple of deep breaths and concentrate on something else. Will you be at home? I will be at home and last time one of my cats decided to sit on my head just as I was having it done!!! Was quite amusing even if it was completely the wrong moment!
xxx

Thanks for the advice. :rofl: at your cat!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to hospital to have it done at 11am.

Will update after!

Good luck everyone else having sweeps etc today xx

I went to the unit yesterday as I hadn't felt much movement so was having a worry, heart rate and everything was fine. The monitors picked up some small contractions while I was there, which felt lower than normal BH which got my hopes up a little, nothing concrete yet though. MW said that all signs were good though, so keeping fingers crossed. Have had the odd BH today, but feeling v tired and grumpy today...poor husband!

I see the MW tomorrow for routine appt, had hoped I wouldn't be needing it but guess I will, she is just too comfy in there! She mentioned at the last appt that she would book me a sweep for next Mon or Tues at the appt tomorrow, I think I'm going to ask if she can do it on Fri instead, otherwise there is only a day or so for the sweep to have any effect before they move straight onto induction, which I want to avoid as much as physically possible.

Come on baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->