Who did/will you allow in the room with you?

We've decided that it will be me and the OH only at the birth and then we are taking a 2 day 'babymoon'. This is our first and we want the time to bond etc without playing baby gallery.

Then 2 days after LO is born we are going to have a 'meet the baby' with all our family :)

My OH and I went into the hospital with my mom. I wanted her there. After she was born I texted my father so that he could come up.

Where I am in the US they let pretty much anyone in the waiting room.Each delivery room has a personal waiting space outside the door with chairs even a phone they can use.I wish it was not this way as anyone waiting can hear everything that is going on..

I think it will only be DH with me.I don't mind my mom being there.I am sure she would like to be but she would not be upset if she not in the room for delivery.MIL on the other hand is trying to talk DH into letting her come in after I have said no many times.Her excuse is that its her first and maybe only grandchild.I understand that but she will have plenty of time with baby later it doesn't have to be while I am pushing her out.I would prefer to not tell anyone until she is born but I know DH will call mil as soon as he thinks I am in labor so I think it's only fair that I call my mom but then both will just start calling everyone else so I don't know what to do.:wacko:

Where I am in the US they let pretty much anyone in the waiting room.Each delivery room has a personal waiting space outside the door with chairs even a phone they can use.I wish it was not this way as anyone waiting can hear everything that is going on..

I think it will only be DH with me.I don't mind my mom being there.I am sure she would like to be but she would not be upset if she not in the room for delivery.MIL on the other hand is trying to talk DH into letting her come in after I have said no many times.Her excuse is that its her first and maybe only grandchild.I understand that but she will have plenty of time with baby later it doesn't have to be while I am pushing her out.I would prefer to not tell anyone until she is born but I know DH will call mil as soon as he thinks I am in labor so I think it's only fair that I call my mom but then both will just start calling everyone else so I don't know what to do.:wacko:

Sounds a but like your DH needs to start thinking about everything you will be going through in labor. The last thing you want to worry about is having to accomadate someone. At the end of the day it is her grandchild but it is YOUR body. If you're not happy in your enviroment you wont have an enjoyable experience, Youre DH should support your right to privacy. Just because you have the same body parts doesnt mean you want to flash them to everyone!

I had my hubby and mom in the room with me while I was in labor. Hubby's family was at the hospital but I didn't want them in the room. So they stayed out. I ended up having a EMCS and as much as I wanted my mom in there too you can only have one person so it was just me and hubby and my mom came in right after.

I wouldn't have my MIL in there as her and I don't get along either. I don't think she would ever think to ask cause I would tell her hell no. I also don't get along with my sister in law and she asked to be there and I had to tell her not to even come to the hospital. She kept telling my husband she was coming so I wrote on my forms for the hospital she was not to be let in my room. Kind of harsh but I was the one having a baby and I didn't need the stress of other people on top of going through labor and delivery.

I had my Mum and my OH there. My OH was nervous and wanted the support so he was glad of my Mum being there as he was able to go outside for 10mins and have a break so I was glad to that when he went my Mum was also there .. this time it might just be me and my OH, however I like my Mum being there but we'll see :)

Sounds like our MILs are very similar. DH and I talked and he agreed that his mom won't be allowed in when I'm delivering. He does want her to be able to come in and say hi if I'm having a long labor and things aren't crazy, but I think I'm going to nix that too. The woman never fails to get on my nerves.

I think it hasn't quite set in yet, but I'm hoping when it does, and he has the thought that we really are preggers, that he'll start thinking about us and not what his mother will say. I think he will. Guess we'll see.

Thanks for all the help! It's nice to know I'm not the only one in this boat, and to have the support that selfishness is okay right now.

Regardless of how natural and common birth is, it's still a major medical event for the mother, even in the best of circumstances! I had to remind DH of this. A baby belongs to the mom and dad, but the mother should dictate the circumstances of the birth as she likes them.

Though I was thinking yesterday how for her second birth, my sister had a huge crowd of people in her room. And this is a woman who was scared to be the center of attention at her own wedding. So maybe in the moment you really don't care.

I still don't plan to have anybody in with us, though!

I had dh and sil, and sil was great. I thought I might be uncomfortable with it but between them they pretty much rubbed my back/ held my drink and supported me all the way through.
Having said that, I can fully understand why many of you would only want dh. Perhaps the mils/ other family members should be told as they weren't there for conception it would be inappropriate for them to be there at the birth. And tell the hospital not to let anyone in except for dh!

For the labor I only allowed my husband to be in the room with me.
For the delivery (pushing) my husband and my mom were there.

:thumbup:

I just want DH.
My mum wants to be there but she'll drive me mad. She has said she wants to be in the waiting room if I don't want her in the delivery room but I know what she's like and she'll try and bully her way into the delivery room.

I had my Mum and my OH there. My OH was nervous and wanted the support so he was glad of my Mum being there as he was able to go outside for 10mins and have a break so I was glad to that when he went my Mum was also there .. this time it might just be me and my OH, however I like my Mum being there but we'll see :)

This is the exact reason why I'm having my mum there as well as my hubby. My mum is very understanding though and has said that at any time if we wanted to be alone she would undesrtand and leave us to it bless her. I don't think she realises how much we will both need her there for support, hubby isn't the strongest when it comes to blood etc, nor is he good at being patient and possibly waiting around for a long time!

I dont think i want anyone at all in the room, apart from loads of doctors...hope to change my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->