Who did you tell and how many weeks were you?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Really want to tell close family but feel like it's not time yet , when did u tell people?

With my son I told close family immediately. As it was my first I needed the support. This time though I'm waiting till 12 weeks due to previous losses. I think it depends when you feel the time is right :)

I told my twin sister straight away. My work found out nearly straight away too because of morning sickness.
We told my DHs parents at 9+2 after we had a scan and saw the heartbeat, and a few close friends. Will be telling my mum on Sunday (she has been away and didn't want to tell her over the phone). I feel a lot better about people knowing now that we know our little bean has a heartbeat :)

I think it depends who you would tell if you did have a loss. I told my best friend just after I found out, and my boss when I came back to work, told two friends at 6weeks so they could pray because I thought I was loosing it (thankfully I didn't). Dh also told his boss because he needed to cine to my emergency scan. But those handful of people are all we are telling until 12weeks when we will tell family etc. Just be aware if you tell people early they sometimes say things like "oooh it's very early" and I've found they dint seem as excited as I hope they well be at 12week with scan pic in hand

My husband has a really hard time keeping surprises, so if it wasn't for that, we may have held off a little longer.

The same night we took a test and got our positive, we told my mom & my best friend. The following day, we told my sister, his mom, his dad, and within that week my other best friend.

After that, he started getting a lot of random congratulations from people he hadn't told, so we will reevaluate who we tell so early next time!

Here and there before our first appointment at 9 weeks, he told everyone at work. I wasn't too happy about that one but he justified that he wanted them to be aware that he was going to be going to my appointments with me. I told a couple of people (secretly) at work but still haven't told my bosses and plan to wait until 12 weeks.
I also told my cousin who eloped 3 days before my wedding, is currently TTC, and we pass the "now go make babies!!" joke back and forth all the time. I had to tell them we already did. Funny thing though, her husband didn't catch it and I explained it to her and she forgot until we made it public.

After we confirmed the pregnancy with a doctor, who did an abdominal ultrasound and showed us the heartbeat (9 weeks), hubby had a picture of the ultrasound posted on facebook before I even had my pants back on...so I had to try to rush to let other family know before it got around too impersonally.

I guess the ONLY people who don't know are my bosses and most of my coworkers. I'm kind of worried what they're going to think.

We are probably going to tell fairly early... So far I have been closely monitored with bloods twice a week since 3 weeks pregnant. I had my last blood test two days ago. Tomorrow we have our first scan and should hear a heart beat at 7+2. DH wants to tell his family tomorrow night as we have a big dinner.

I would say to wait, but I am leaving Australia in 3 weeks and going to usa. DH will join me in usa in 2-3 months once his green card is ready.

I think he really wants us to enjoy it with his family for a bit. And if everything looks good, why not! Yes bad things can happen, but I also know a girl who announced at 12 weeks on fb and a month or two later had problems and have to have the baby as a still born. It was a baby boy. They had to ask everyone to not message for awhile so they can grieve.

While bad things can happen, I don't want to hang that on my head at the moment. I want to be positive. And if people bring that up that's terrible of them to be so negAtive to point out that I could lose a baby. It's reality, but so is car crashes and other things.

For now I will enjoy it, and within a week announce at 8 weeks I think.

Yes some announce early and lose a baby, and sometimes, many more girls I know announce early and have beautiful smiling babies in 8 months.

Do what's best for you :) :thumbup::baby:

I'm still very early in and haven't told anyone. DH's bday is in two week so I'm trying to hold off on telling him until then (will be about 6 weeks then) but I'm sure I ca hold out till then LOL!. After that I'll probably tell my mom but not anyone else until 12+ weeks. I'm just cautious and I really like my privacy...

It depends for everyone! With my DS, we told my whole family and close friends the day I tested... but at the same time, I was already a few days late on my period, plus I'd been so sick already for a week that half our family was pretty suspicious. I knew I wasn't going to be able to hide it with how sick I was already.
With this one, I thought we would wait a few days at least, but we ended up telling family right away since I found out on Christmas day- and that was just too perfect to pass up! Even though my OBGYN had told me that I might be at a higher chance of miscarriage if I got pregnant, I still have been telling friends that I see on a regular basis. I'm not sharing it with the whole world, but I do tell people that I'm ok sharing the process with and who I'd probably tell anyway if I had a miscarriage. That's just me, personally! The right time is different for everyone!

It's purely up to you when you want to tell people. At any stage something can happen. With our first pregnancy (failed) told my parents at 5 weeks. Told everyone else at 8 1/2 weeks on X-mas day and at 10 weeks no baby.

Second pregnancy (daughter) I told DH of course right away, my parents once more at 5 weeks and told everyone else at 10 weeks.

Third/Forth told DH and my parents right away so I could go in for blood draws while parents watch daughter. Both of these failed pregnancy before week 6.

Fifth pregnancy (current) DH was told right away a few days later my parents. Majority of everyone else at 12 weeks on Thanksgiving day and the rest via X-mas cards that where sent out at 13 1/2 weeks.

Told my 2 best friends right away as they both knew I'd been going for IUI's and had been tracking my cycle closer than I was lol.... just told my boss this morning as I have to miss work for the u/s in 2 weeks, and if the outcome is not positive I'll be out the rest of the week. (I did also tell her the stats, she has no kids so isn't as familiar with all this, but she's very excited for me!!)

Also, telling our parents on Feb 20 (my dad is out of town till then and we want to tell them all about the same time)

Only my and dh's immediate family + 1 close friend knows so far. I will be telling another friend tomorrow but aside from that, no one else will know until 12 or 13 weeks. Hopefully I can keep my tummy hidden at work until then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->