Who do I call- doctor or Midwife?

lady3

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm confused! :dohh:

I think I have a UTI. Do I call the doctor or my midwife?

Who has had a UTI while pregnant? What are the symptoms that I should be looking for?

Thanks ladies!

I think you would just make a doctors appointment like normal, unless you are seeing you MW soon, but she may just send you to Dr

When I had a UTI in the second trimester I went to the emergency to get some antibiotics for it.

Symptoms you should be looking for: burning or painful sensations while peeing. feeling as though you have to pee frequently, even if nothing comes out.

If you've got a doctor's appointment coming up relatively soon you can just leave it until then but if I were you I'd call someone because UTIs can become quite frustrating and if left untreated they could cause preterm labour if the infection spreads to the kidneys.

Feel better soon!

I got an emergency appointment with my doctor because i couldn't stop vomiting. Turns out it was a UTI but i had no other symptoms but at the least the doctor was able to give me anti biotics. I had an appointment the following week with my midwife who just confirmed that it was clearing up but finish my course of anti biotics.

I would call your doc as UTI's need treating as soon as possible, I had one when I was 6 weeks and it took two sets of antibiotics to clear it up.

I'd call the doctor. Also, drink lots of water to try and flush the bacteria out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->