Who doesnt test early?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
with my first i tested early, but because i knew so early it made the whole process and pregnancy longer. so i havent done that since.

I figure whats the point of testing unless ive missed a period ... saying that i know im despirated to know and to test again now. but ive not got any internet cheapies anymore. i bought two tesco cheapies and if my period hasnt turned up by next wednesday thats well ill test. that will make me a day late.

now i just need you ladies to make me stick to that. lol!

having seen so many ladies testing early and losing it early on here im more determined that i just would rather not know.

i did say i wouldnt test until i had morning sickness but know i cant resist that, lol, but i have a week and a day until im officially late (unless AF get me, which i think will probably be the case).

anyone else the same and want to start a support group to stop ourselves?

DONT LET US TEST UNTIL:

Eternal - witch got me early this month
StarBright -
Niamh22 -
blueeyedgirl1 -
acdmommy - 20th Feb

I won't test early either. For some reason I find it easier to deal with the start of AF than with seeing a negative test. Even when I had my IVF i refused to test before the official test date because I knew how devestated I would be if it was negative. Personally speaking, having been ttc for so long I couldn't handle seeing negative tests month after month. And since the miscarriage I think it'd be even more difficult to see.
Good luck to you, i do hope you get your bfp soon xxxx

i think that is a good idea, i didn't used to test early but i did this time 3days before i was due and as line was so faint then waited till i had missed and tested again as i didn't know whether to believe it. I'm determined to wait until missed for 2 weeks next time so as not get any false hope whilst everything gets back to normal andat least then will be further along when get the BFP!

I was determined NOT to test early when I got my BFP last time, but ended up testing 3 days before I promised myself & OH I would.

This time I'm thinking of giving OH all my left-over tests and not to let me touch them until I'm a day late, based on ovulation date (as I'm irregular at the moment and don't know when to expect AF). I don't think I've got enough willpower in myself not to test early, so I'll have to resort to OH's strength...!

thanks ladies, i think we should support each other, ill edit the first page with dont let us test until

Great idea! Once I've had a +ve OPK I'll let you know my intended test date...and you must all force me to wait!!!

we will :D as long as you all try and stop me!

i'm NOT going to test early. have no want to after driving myself crazy with testing early and then miscarrying early. just going to see what happens with AF.

Im not a early tester either, to me its just a waste of money and when saving for a house I need every cent lol. So unless AF is late I wont test either.

i dont need to test, Af just turned up! Arh! oh well! onto next cycle! stay strong ladies, wishing you all loads of luck

:hugs2: I know that sucks but on the bright side at least its a new cycle to start dtd again.

yeah, im gutted as its my first since the MC but im also thinking it gives me a chance to try SMEP so thats good. Im mostly upset as my period is a week earlier than it should have been but cant do much about it, hope and pray its better next month.

when we were TTC before my miscarriage, I tested ALL THE TIME! I think I drove myself more crazy. Of course the month I actually got pregnant, I had no clue :p

Now when we start to TTC again next cycle, I won't test early in case of a chemical pregnancy. I'm also temping now, so I won't test unless I've had at least 18 days of high temps after ovulation.

I agree, I tested when af was a week late this time but I know I'm not regular and can go 6 weeks without one. Anyway it came up faint bfp, so I got my hopes up then started bleeding the next day, now I have had an awful week of am I or arn't I, I have been bleeding but the tests have been getting stronger. Had a 6 week scan on monday and they found nothing, so I now have to wait a full week without testing to see if I have mc'd or if it was too early to see anything, it's driving me nuts.

OH has now banned me from testing until I have had no sign of af for at least 6 weeks!!

yeah, im gutted as its my first since the MC but im also thinking it gives me a chance to try SMEP so thats good. Im mostly upset as my period is a week earlier than it should have been but cant do much about it, hope and pray its better next month.

*hugs*
But think of it this way, AF's arrived now, and you can get her over and done with - a week earlier than you would have otherwise had to! On to the next O! ;)

Think you will have to help me this month did OPK on sunday was -ve was postive yesterday so doctor was right been :sex: every night since saturday was going to keep it up tonight then the wait. Be hard as would be first AF since MC so need to wait the 5 weeks doc told me and that will be a long time to see if it has worked can't stop thinking bout it already.

Eternal big hugs for you fingers crossed for this next cycle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->